Bamboo Pad 0x318

Peter Siska
Hello,

I am another owner of new Bamboo Pad tablet (056a:0318)

Following the thread from january 2014 (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.wacom/6930) between Chris Bagwell and Chris Wallace I managed to obtain the usbmon trace of tablet initialization with windows 7.

It's quite long but filtered for just this device. Hope this helps you in effort to provide bamboo pad support. If there is something more I should do, just say please.

Best regards

--
Peter Šiška
e-mail:    siska.pe (at) gmail (dot) com

Re: Bamboo Pad 0x318

Chris Bagwell
On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Peter Siska <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am another owner of new Bamboo Pad tablet (056a:0318)
>
> Following the thread from january 2014
> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.wacom/6930) between Chris
> Bagwell and Chris Wallace I managed to obtain the usbmon trace of tablet
> initialization with windows 7.
>
> https://gist.github.com/siskape/d0e5077d179519eb8000
>
> It's quite long but filtered for just this device. Hope this helps you in
> effort to provide bamboo pad support. If there is something more I should
> do, just say please.
>
> Best regards

Hi Peter,

I did also get a log off the list and I briefly look at it.  I haven't
compared to your log but it does look similar from what I recall.

It looks to me like this device is very much following the standard
HID requirements for a touchpad (well, a hybrid since I think some
mouse wheel events are involved).

I think this device is best handled by the hid-core or maybe even
hid-multitouch.    It would be a mess if we tried to get the wacom
driver to handle it I think.

The instructions in earlier thread gave a work around for that to
occur today (disable the hid-core black list of all Wacom USB ID's
used to let it be driven by the wacom driver).  I guess the kernel
needs a black list for the black list so we can let a subset of Wacom
ID's be handled by hid-core.  This probably needs to be taken up on
the linux-input mailing list to find best solution.

Chris