Bamboo Spark

En Nu
Hi,
did anybody get the Bamboo Spark working under ubuntu?
Or are there already any experiences with the Bamboo Spark running ubuntu?
Any advice would be highly appreciated!
Thanks,
Vincent

Re: Bamboo Spark

Jason Gerecke
From what I understand, the Bamboo Spark transmits its data over
Bluetooth to a connected phone/tablet. From the phone you'd export the
pages (e.g. as PDF) or sync them to a cloud service. Since there's no
PC data connection, I don't think there's any reason you couldn't view
the exported files in Ubuntu. I haven't heard from anyone using the
Spark with Ubuntu though, so I could be wrong...

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 10:41 PM, En Nu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> did anybody get the Bamboo Spark working under ubuntu?
> Or are there already any experiences with the Bamboo Spark running ubuntu?
> Any advice would be highly appreciated!
> Thanks,
> Vincent

Re: Bamboo Spark

En Nu
Thanks,
at the moment I have to admit that I can only transmit zero-byte-sized
files from my nokia phone to my ubuntu desktop. So first of all it's
my fault that I apparently did not yet manage to set up bluetooth
correctly on my desktop. I managed to connect to the bamboo spark, and
since it simply transmits the WILL-files I guess once I am able to
receive files over bluetooth in general, it shouldn't be too difficult
to receive files on my desktop from the bamboo spark. Do you know
incidently which BLE protocol the Bamboo Spark most likely uses?

Vincent

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 2:01 AM, Jason Gerecke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From what I understand, the Bamboo Spark transmits its data over
> Bluetooth to a connected phone/tablet. From the phone you'd export the
> pages (e.g. as PDF) or sync them to a cloud service. Since there's no
> PC data connection, I don't think there's any reason you couldn't view
> the exported files in Ubuntu. I haven't heard from anyone using the
> Spark with Ubuntu though, so I could be wrong...
>
> Jason
> ---
> Now instead of four in the eights place /
> you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one  /
> (That is to say, eight) to the two,     /
> But you can’t take seven from three,    /
> So you look at the sixty-fours....
>

> On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 10:41 PM, En Nu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> did anybody get the Bamboo Spark working under ubuntu?
>> Or are there already any experiences with the Bamboo Spark running ubuntu?
>> Any advice would be highly appreciated!
>> Thanks,
>> Vincent

Re: Bamboo Spark

Jason Gerecke
I'm afraid I don't have any idea what BLT protocol is used for the Spark.