Button 2/3 only active when stylus touching pad

Button 2/3 only active when stylus touching pad

Brendan Scott
Hi

I'm having trouble with buttons 2 and 3 (intuos pro 5 large). They only seem to work when the stylus is actually touching the pad. If I'm hovering they don't seem to generate events.

What is this likely to be an issue with?

Thanks

Brendan

Re: Button 2/3 only active when stylus touching pad

Ping Cheng-2
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:09 PM, Brendan Scott
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having trouble with buttons 2 and 3 (intuos pro 5 large). They only seem to work when the stylus is actually touching the pad. If I'm hovering they don't seem to generate events.

What output do you get from the following command:

xsetwacom get $stylus_id TabletPCButton

where $stylus_id is the id associated with STYLUS from "xsetwacom
list" (http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xsetwacom#TabletPCButton)

> What is this likely to be an issue with?

Sounds like somehow your driver is in TabletPC mode..

Ping

On 21/04/15 09:18, Ping Cheng wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:09 PM, Brendan Scott
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm having trouble with buttons 2 and 3 (intuos pro 5 large). They only seem to work when the stylus is actually touching the pad. If I'm hovering they don't seem to generate events.
>
> What output do you get from the following command:
>
> xsetwacom get $stylus_id TabletPCButton

>xsetwacom get 9 TabletPCButton
on

Wow.

>xsetwacom set 9 TabletPCButton off

now click on hover is working. Thanks
So, would this be wacomtablet (http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=114856) doing that?

> where $stylus_id is the id associated with STYLUS from "xsetwacom
> list" (http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xsetwacom#TabletPCButton)
>

>> What is this likely to be an issue with?
>
> Sounds like somehow your driver is in TabletPC mode..

You are correct.
Any ideas about how I set this to be persistent?

Re: Button 2/3 only active when stylus touching pad

Ping Cheng-2
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 5:13 PM, Brendan Scott
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21/04/15 09:18, Ping Cheng wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:09 PM, Brendan Scott
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm having trouble with buttons 2 and 3 (intuos pro 5 large). They only seem to work when the stylus is actually touching the pad. If I'm hovering they don't seem to generate events.
>>
>> What output do you get from the following command:
>>
>> xsetwacom get $stylus_id TabletPCButton
>
>>xsetwacom get 9 TabletPCButton
> on
>
> Wow.
>
>>xsetwacom set 9 TabletPCButton off
>
> now click on hover is working. Thanks
> So, would this be wacomtablet (http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=114856) doing that?

I don't know. But, I am sure it is not in the driver since we have the
mode default to off for non-TabletPC devices.

>> where $stylus_id is the id associated with STYLUS from "xsetwacom
>> list" (http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xsetwacom#TabletPCButton)
>>

>>> What is this likely to be an issue with?
>>
>> Sounds like somehow your driver is in TabletPC mode..
>
> You are correct.
> Any ideas about how I set this to be persistent?

The proper way is to fix it at the root cause. If you don't have time
or can't wait, a workaround is to add the xsetwacom command to one of
your system startup scripts, such as .profile/.bashrc.

Please keep in mind. That is only a workaround. You should at least
report the issue to KDE project or your distribution.

Ping

On 21/04/15 11:25, Ping Cheng wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 5:13 PM, Brendan Scott
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 21/04/15 09:18, Ping Cheng wrote:
>>> On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:09 PM, Brendan Scott
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
[]

> The proper way is to fix it at the root cause. If you don't have time
> or can't wait, a workaround is to add the xsetwacom command to one of
> your system startup scripts, such as .profile/.bashrc.
>
> Please keep in mind. That is only a workaround. You should at least
> report the issue to KDE project or your distribution.

I have told them.
It's also solved a weird problem I had with pressure sensitivity.
When using GIMP the stylus was pressure sensitive, but not in Krita. Now Krita is pressure sensitive.

Strange