CTH-480 on Ubuntu Studio 14.04 LTS

Spam-A
Hi,

xinput key mapping not working under german "qwertz" keyboard layout.

If i try:

$ xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos PT S Finger pad" Button 9 "key y z"

when i click the "Button 9" in a editor it writes: z z

So it's not possible for me to get this working:
$ xsetwacom set "$PAD" Button 9 "key +ctrl y -ctrl"

The "y" here is a "z".

Any ideas?

Cheers
  Oliver

Re: CTH-480 on Ubuntu Studio 14.04 LTS

Jason Gerecke
On 4/25/2015 11:12 AM, Spam-A wrote:

> Hi,
>
> xinput key mapping not working under german "qwertz" keyboard layout.
>
> If i try:
>
> $ xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos PT S Finger pad" Button 9 "key y z"
>
> when i click the "Button 9" in a editor it writes: z z
>
> So it's not possible for me to get this working:
> $ xsetwacom set "$PAD" Button 9 "key +ctrl y -ctrl"
>
> The "y" here is a "z".
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers
>   Oliver

We've received a number of reports from people experiencing issues
getting xsetwacom to work properly with non-QWERTY layouts. Since some
have been fixed in the latest xf86-input-wacom release, I'd like to make
sure that you're running it. Please run `xsetwacom -V` to get the
version number of what you have currently installed. If it isn't
"0.29.0", then you'll need to need to compile and install a newer
version. Instructions on how to do this are available at [1].

If you see the issue with 0.29.0 installed, I'll need you to apply some
debugging patches to the code that will give me more information about
your exact keyboard layout. Let me know if you need them.

[1]: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xf86-input-wacom

you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one /
(That is to say, eight) to the two, /
But you can’t take seven from three, /

Re: CTH-480 on Ubuntu Studio 14.04 LTS

Timo Aaltonen-6
On 27.04.2015 21:39, Jason Gerecke wrote:

> On 4/25/2015 11:12 AM, Spam-A wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> xinput key mapping not working under german "qwertz" keyboard layout.
>>
>> If i try:
>>
>> $ xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos PT S Finger pad" Button 9 "key y z"
>>
>> when i click the "Button 9" in a editor it writes: z z
>>
>> So it's not possible for me to get this working:
>> $ xsetwacom set "$PAD" Button 9 "key +ctrl y -ctrl"
>>
>> The "y" here is a "z".
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Cheers
>>   Oliver
>>

> We've received a number of reports from people experiencing issues
> getting xsetwacom to work properly with non-QWERTY layouts. Since some
> have been fixed in the latest xf86-input-wacom release, I'd like to make
> sure that you're running it. Please run `xsetwacom -V` to get the
> version number of what you have currently installed. If it isn't
> "0.29.0", then you'll need to need to compile and install a newer
> version. Instructions on how to do this are available at [1].
>
> If you see the issue with 0.29.0 installed, I'll need you to apply some
> debugging patches to the code that will give me more information about
> your exact keyboard layout. Let me know if you need them.
>
> [1]: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xf86-input-wacom

ubuntu is still on 0.25.0, I'll get it updated to 0.29.0 in 15.10.