Cintiq pro 13 on Centos 7

Caroline Magnain
Hi,

I have problem setting up my tablet on my computer running Centos 7.

I went through the steps describe on
http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page, found the
right tablet definition file online. However my tablet is still not
recognized by my computer as a display, so far it is just a giant mouse
pad for my other two monitor.

Any ideas?

C.

--
Caroline Magnain, Ph.D.
Instructor in Radiology, Harvard Medical School

dispose of the e-mail.

Re: Cintiq pro 13 on Centos 7

Ping Cheng-2
Hi Caroline,

Did you update Wacom drivers on your system? If not, please follow the steps at: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Input-wacom and http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xf86-input-wacom. If you want to use Gnome Control Center to configure your tablet, please also update libwacom: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Libwacom.

If you've already gone through those steps, please email us the output of "dmesg" and /var/log/Xorg.0.log. We'll take a look.

Ping

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017, Caroline Magnain <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I went through all those steps.

Here are the outputs

On 04/12/2017 12:37 PM, Ping Cheng wrote:
[...]

Xorg.0.log (54K) Download Attachment
snapshot1.png (39K) Download Attachment
dmesg.out (172K) Download Attachment

Re: Cintiq pro 13 on Centos 7

Ping Cheng-2
>From your X log and dmesg, it seems the driver has picked up your
tablet. If the tablet drives system cursor in absolute movement, it
means your tablet is working as a tablet.

The problem is most likely in userland, or more specifically, in Gnome
control center. After updating libwacom, did you update udev rules
(http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Libwacom#Udev_Rules_.28from_the_README.29)?
Please run libwacom-list-local-devices to see what we get.

Ping

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Caroline Magnain
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I went through all those steps.
>
> Here are the outputs
>

> On 04/12/2017 12:37 PM, Ping Cheng wrote:
>
> Hi Caroline,
>
> Did you update Wacom drivers on your system? If not, please follow the steps
> at: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Input-wacom and
> http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xf86-input-wacom. If you
> want to use Gnome Control Center to configure your tablet, please also
> update libwacom: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Libwacom.
>
> If you've already gone through those steps, please email us the output of
> "dmesg" and /var/log/Xorg.0.log. We'll take a look.
>
> Ping
>
> On Wednesday, April 12, 2017, Caroline Magnain
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have problem setting up my tablet on my computer running Centos 7.
>>
>> I went through the steps describe on
>> http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page, found the
>> right tablet definition file online. However my tablet is still not
>> recognized by my computer as a display, so far it is just a giant mouse
>> pad for my other two monitor.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> C.
>>

>> --
>> Caroline Magnain, Ph.D.
>> Instructor in Radiology, Harvard Medical School
>> Assistant in Physics, Massachusetts General Hospital
>> Department of Radiology, MGH
>> Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
>> 149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
>> Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129

>> is
>> e-mail
>> HelpLine at
>> http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
>> error
>> properly
>> dispose of the e-mail.

> Caroline Magnain, Ph.D.
> Instructor in Radiology, Harvard Medical School
> Assistant in Physics, Massachusetts General Hospital
> Department of Radiology, MGH
> Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
> 149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
> Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129

Re: Cintiq pro 13 on Centos 7

Caroline Magnain

so I had to include a rule for the wacom pro 13

# Wacom Cintiq Pro 13
ENV{ID_BUS}=="usb", ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="056a", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="034f",  ENV{ID_INPUT}="1", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="", ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET}="1"
ATTRS{name}=="* Finger", ENV{ID_BUS}=="usb", ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="056a", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="034f",  ENV{ID_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN}="1"
ATTRS{name}=="* Pad", ENV{ID_BUS}=="usb", ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="056a", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="034f",  ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET_PAD}="1"
# Wacom Cintiq Pro 13
ENV{ID_BUS}=="usb", ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="056a", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="0353",  ENV{ID_INPUT}="1", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="", ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET}="1"
ATTRS{name}=="* Finger", ENV{ID_BUS}=="usb", ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="056a", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="0353",  ENV{ID_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN}="1"
ATTRS{name}=="* Pad", ENV{ID_BUS}=="usb", ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="056a", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="0353",  ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET_PAD}="1"

Here is what I get when I did lsusb:

Bus 003 Device 068: ID 056a:0353 Wacom Co., Ltd
Bus 003 Device 071: ID 056a:034f Wacom Co., Ltd
Bus 003 Device 067: ID 056a:0366 Wacom Co., Ltd
Bus 003 Device 066: ID 056a:036f Wacom Co., Ltd

And here is what I get when I run libwacom-list-local-devices:
[Device]
Name=Wacom Cintiq Pro 13
DeviceMatch=usb:056a:034f;
PairedID=usb:056a:0353;
Class=Cintiq
Width=14
Height=9
IntegratedIn=Display;
Styli=0x842;0x84a;0x160802;0x16080a;0x100802;0x10080a;0x140802;0x14080a;0x120802;0x100804;0x10080c;0x100902;0x10090a;

[Features]
Reversible=false
Stylus=true
Ring=false
Ring2=false
Touch=true
TouchSwitch=false
StatusLEDs=
NumStrips=0
Buttons=0

But it is still not a display, just a mouse pad for my 2 other monitors. I attached a screenshot of the new wacom tablet interface where it is now recognized but only as thye mouse for my screens.

Thanks a lot for your help
C.

From your X log and dmesg, it seems the driver has picked up your

[hidden email] wrote:
Hi,

I have problem setting up my tablet on my computer running Centos 7.

I went through the steps describe on
http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page, found the
right tablet definition file online. However my tablet is still not
recognized by my computer as a display, so far it is just a giant mouse
pad for my other two monitor.

Any ideas?

C.

--
Caroline Magnain, Ph.D.
Instructor in Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Assistant in Physics, Massachusetts General Hospital
Department of Radiology, MGH
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it
is
e-mail
HelpLine at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error
but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly
dispose of the e-mail.

Caroline Magnain, Ph.D.
Instructor in Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Assistant in Physics, Massachusetts General Hospital
Department of Radiology, MGH
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129

--
Caroline Magnain, Ph.D.
Instructor in Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Assistant in Physics, Massachusetts General Hospital
Department of Radiology, MGH
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129

snapshot1.png (55K) Download Attachment
cintiq-pro-13.tablet (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Cintiq pro 13 on Centos 7

Ping Cheng-2
Hi Caroline,

That's a good sign! It means your tablet is recognized as a display tablet, since "Calibrate..." button is enabled in your "Wacom Tablet" panel. Please click on "Adjust Display Resolution", you should see 3 monitors. Select the one associated with your tablet, you should be able to match them [1].

Cheers,
Ping

[1] I don't have the proper display cable to connect my Cintiq Pro 13 to my CentOS 7 system today. But, I know it is doable. If you still face issues, I'll give you the exact steps tomorrow...

On Thursday, April 13, 2017, Caroline Magnain <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

From your X log and dmesg, it seems the driver has picked up your
[...]

Mapping and calibration has to be performed with all monitors attached. Once number of monitors or the position of monitors are changed, a new set of configuration parameters will have to be used.

I'll provide detailed steps tomorrow, when I can reach the proper cable :-).

Thank you for your patience...

Ping

On Thursday, April 13, 2017, Caroline Magnain <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;cmagnain@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu&#39;);" target="_blank">cmagnain@...> wrote:

[...]

From your X log and dmesg, it seems the driver has picked up your