Quantcast

Debian Stretch, KDE5 and Wacom Intuos pro

Debian Stretch, KDE5 and Wacom Intuos pro

Kohler Gerard

Hello,

I just reinstall my system : Debian Stretch with KDE 5

I had previously Debian Jessie and KDE 4, I could the configure my Wacom Intus finely with config tools of KDE 4

now I can't do this, because I can't find the config tools for Wacom in KDE 5

with the shell, how can I configure the 8 buttons on the left of the Wacom Intuos ?

my list device :

Wacom Intuos Pro L Pen stylus       id: 9    type: STYLUS
Wacom Intuos Pro L Pad pad          id: 10    type: PAD
Wacom Intuos Pro L Pen eraser       id: 15    type: ERASER
Wacom Intuos Pro L Pen cursor       id: 16    type: CURSOR

If I want the first button gives "Shift", what should be the command ?

thank you

Gerard

Re: Debian Stretch, KDE5 and Wacom Intuos pro

Josep Febrer
Hi,

I also had some troubles under Debian until I figured out it was due to a
missing udev rule in the libwacom package, I reported the bug but nothing
happened.

I attach the 65-libwacom.rules and copy it to /lib/udev/rules.d/ and then
restart udev with:

udevadm control --reload-rules

Maybe you may need to unplug and plug again the wacom tablet.

El divendres, 12 d’agost de 2016, a les 21:45:17 CEST, Kohler Gerard va
escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I just reinstall my system : Debian Stretch with KDE 5
>
> I had previously Debian Jessie and KDE 4, I could the configure my Wacom
> Intus finely with config tools of KDE 4
>
> now I can't do this, because I can't find the config tools for Wacom in
> KDE 5

The config tool it's still not ready for KDE 5, I builded the git version but
some things weren't working properly so I uninstalled and used a xsetwacom
script.

> with the shell, how can I configure the 8 buttons on the left of the
> Wacom Intuos ?
>
> my list device :
>
> Wacom Intuos Pro L Pen stylus       id: 9    type: STYLUS
> Wacom Intuos Pro L Pad pad          id: 10    type: PAD
> Wacom Intuos Pro L Pen eraser       id: 15    type: ERASER
> Wacom Intuos Pro L Pen cursor       id: 16    type: CURSOR
>

> If I want the first button gives "Shift", what should be the command ?
I haven't tested myself but maybe something like this:

xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos Pro L Pad pad" Button 1 "key shift"

Best regards,

Josep

65-libwacom.rules (35K) Download Attachment