Graphire 4 support?

Tom Rogie
Hello,

I was trying to get my new Wacom Graphire 4 tablet working in Linux. I
get all the drivers and modules running, I get the raw data but no
response in X.

Has anybody been using Graphire 4 before?

I know Graphire4 is not in the working devices yet, but I was hoping to
have some downward compatibility. Any status information on graphire4?

Trogie
--
Tom Rogie aka Trogie
http://tom.rogie.be

Re: Graphire 4 support?

Jens Georg

> Has anybody been using Graphire 4 before?

Since it features two express keys, I wonder if it is a protocol 4 or
protocol 5 device. So it could be worth a try to just introduce it as an
intuos device into the kernel and X driver - but maybe I'm completely
wrong... Would you mind mailing me the contents of
your /proc/bus/input/devices?

Re: Graphire 4 support?

Tom Rogie
Jens Georg wrote:
>>Has anybody been using Graphire 4 before?
>

> Since it features two express keys, I wonder if it is a protocol 4 or
> protocol 5 device. So it could be worth a try to just introduce it as an
> intuos device into the kernel and X driver - but maybe I'm completely
> wrong... Would you mind mailing me the contents of
> your /proc/bus/input/devices?

Well, yesterday I was testing the device with my laptop at work
(usb1.1). This morning I plugged it into my amd64 (usb2) and the mouse
cursor was moving with the pen. I'm currently recompiling xorg-x11
(gentoo) with sdk support so that I can emerge the linuxwacom package.

<quote /proc/bus/input/devices>
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=056a Product=0015 Version=0403
N: Name="WACOM CTE-440-U V4.0-3"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:10.2-1/input0
H: Handlers=mouse1 event2
B: EV=7
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0
B: REL=103
</quote>

Trogie

Re: Graphire 4 support?

Ping Cheng-2
It's a protocol 4 device. I am working on it right now.

Ping