Quantcast

How to trigger ENTER key?

Kelly Price
I just got an used Cintiq 12WX, and I've got it mostly set up.  There's two annoying things:

1.  Lack of buttons. (Yep, I'm using them all and I need more! We'll work around it with an Arduino)
2.  I can't assign a button to push the [ENTER] key.  For instance:

wacompad="Wacom Cintiq 12WX Pad pad"
xsetwacom set "$wacompad" Button 11 "key enter" # [RETURN] or [ENTER]

Gives me a "can't understand enter" error.  "return" is the same way.

I'm using xsetwacom version 0.31.0.  Any ideas?

--
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
http://redwolf.ws

Re: How to trigger ENTER key?

Ping Cheng-2
Hi Kelly,

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Kelly Price <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just got an used Cintiq 12WX, and I've got it mostly set up.  There's two
> annoying things:
>
> 1.  Lack of buttons. (Yep, I'm using them all and I need more! We'll work
> around it with an Arduino)

10 buttons and 2 touch strips are not enough for you? You need a 13HD,
which could offer you 20 buttons.

> 2.  I can't assign a button to push the [ENTER] key.  For instance:
>
> wacompad="Wacom Cintiq 12WX Pad pad"
> xsetwacom set "$wacompad" Button 11 "key enter" # [RETURN] or [ENTER]
>
> Gives me a "can't understand enter" error.  "return" is the same way.

Well, it was not supported. No one asked for it until now ;).

I made a patch to support return and enter keys. Please follow the
steps at http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xf86-input-wacom
to clone xf86-input-wacom then apply the attached patch on top of it.
Build and install the driver and let us know if it works for you.

It works on my Ubuntu system. So, it should work for you too.

Ping

0001-xsetwacom-add-special-keys-Enter-Return-and-CapsLock.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: How to trigger ENTER key?

Kelly Price
Hi Ping!

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Ping Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 10 buttons and 2 touch strips are not enough for you? You need a 13HD,
> which could offer you 20 buttons.

Yeah, Apparently the extra 10 buttons and 1080p would of cost me
another $250 for a new 13HD over the used 12WX.  Still, I threw money
at a good artist for it, who upgraded (probably to the 13HD or the
22HD).  Plus, I'm happy with it and I can always bash something
together with an Ardurino compatible Adafruit Feather BLE and some
buttons.

> Well, it was not supported. No one asked for it until now ;).
>
> I made a patch to support return and enter keys. Please follow the
> steps at http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xf86-input-wacom
> to clone xf86-input-wacom then apply the attached patch on top of it.
> Build and install the driver and let us know if it works for you.
>
> It works on my Ubuntu system. So, it should work for you too.

Works nicely on my Gentoo rig here. Can't wait for a release on that.

--
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
http://redwolf.ws

Re: How to trigger ENTER key?

Ping Cheng-2
On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Kelly Price <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ping!
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM, Ping Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 10 buttons and 2 touch strips are not enough for you? You need a 13HD,
>> which could offer you 20 buttons.
>>

> Yeah, Apparently the extra 10 buttons and 1080p would of cost me
> another $250 for a new 13HD over the used 12WX.  Still, I threw money
> at a good artist for it, who upgraded (probably to the 13HD or the
> 22HD).  Plus, I'm happy with it and I can always bash something
> together with an Ardurino compatible Adafruit Feather BLE and some
> buttons.
>
>> Well, it was not supported. No one asked for it until now ;).
>>
>> I made a patch to support return and enter keys. Please follow the
>> steps at http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xf86-input-wacom
>> to clone xf86-input-wacom then apply the attached patch on top of it.
>> Build and install the driver and let us know if it works for you.
>>
>> It works on my Ubuntu system. So, it should work for you too.
>>

> Works nicely on my Gentoo rig here. Can't wait for a release on that.

Ok, I added your Tested-by to the patch and submitted to
dev-mailinglist. It will be included in the next xf86-input-wacom
release.

Cheers,

Ping