Huion H610 Pro not recognized

Aaron Paden
So I've gotten a Huion H610 Pro in the mail recently. It works fine
out of the box, but I can't configure it. It's not showing up in GNOME
settings. The GNOME folks said the issue is somewhere else. Maybe
here?

I notice that linuxwacom has an entry for my device, but I also
noticed that lsusb isn't giving me a device description. Or whatever
it's called. The man page doesn't say.

So in hion-h610-pro.tablet I get:
DeviceMatch=usb:256c:006e:HUION PenTablet Pen;usb:256c:006e:HUION PenTablet Pad

But lsusb only says
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 256c:006e

Whereas all the other devices has some description after the ID. Could
that be the cause? I notice DeviceMatch lists two devices with the
same vendor:product ID.

I'm using linux 4.5-rc5, libwacom 0.18, xorg-server 1.18.1,
xf86-input-wacom 0.32.0, and xf86-input-evdev 2.10.1

Re: Huion H610 Pro not recognized

Jason Gerecke
On 02/25/2016 03:51 PM, Aaron Paden wrote:

> So I've gotten a Huion H610 Pro in the mail recently. It works fine
> out of the box, but I can't configure it. It's not showing up in GNOME
> settings. The GNOME folks said the issue is somewhere else. Maybe
> here?
>
> I notice that linuxwacom has an entry for my device, but I also
> noticed that lsusb isn't giving me a device description. Or whatever
> it's called. The man page doesn't say.
>
> So in hion-h610-pro.tablet I get:
> DeviceMatch=usb:256c:006e:HUION PenTablet Pen;usb:256c:006e:HUION PenTablet Pad
>
> But lsusb only says
> Bus 004 Device 002: ID 256c:006e
>
> Whereas all the other devices has some description after the ID. Could
> that be the cause? I notice DeviceMatch lists two devices with the
> same vendor:product ID.
>
> I'm using linux 4.5-rc5, libwacom 0.18, xorg-server 1.18.1,
> xf86-input-wacom 0.32.0, and xf86-input-evdev 2.10.1

The lack of a name is a little odd, but shouldn't be an issue given that
the hardware works. What's more likely the case is that our driver is
not actually being used. Most non-Wacom tablets are actually bound to
the generic "evdev" driver which doesn't offer the same configuration
options (and, especially of interest to you, no GNOME configuration).

Is your tablet listed when you run `xsetwacom list`? If not, that's
almost certainly the issue. You could try creating a file named
"/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-huion.tablet" with the following contents and
rebooting to force our driver to be used. Afterwards you might be able
to use xsetwacom and the GNOME Control Center, though I can't really say
how well it'll work...

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "Huion PenTablet class"
    MatchUSBID "256c:006e"
    MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
    Driver "wacom"
EndSection

you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one /
(That is to say, eight) to the two, /
But you can’t take seven from three, /

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 8:25 PM, Jason Gerecke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You could try creating a file named
> "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-huion.tablet" with the following contents and
> rebooting to force our driver to be used. Afterwards you might be able
> to use xsetwacom and the GNOME Control Center, though I can't really say
> how well it'll work...
>
> Section "InputClass"
>     Identifier "Huion PenTablet class"
>     MatchUSBID "256c:006e"
>     MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
>     Driver "wacom"
> EndSection

Fantastic! I appreciate the help. After creating this file, xsetwacom
does detect the stylus, but not the pad. So I can change the pressure
sensitivity, which is very important on the H610, but I can't remap
the keys. This would also be useful, because the default keymapings
are a bit bizarre and not at all useful. What should be an undo button
sends out alt-f4, for example. udev/evemu *is* able to recognize a
"HUION PenTablet Keyboard". And also Consumer Control and System
Control devices? No clue what those are.