Intuos CTL490DB Connected, but not usable or listed in xsetwacom.

Intuos CTL490DB Connected, but not usable or listed in xsetwacom.

9000 volts
Hello!
I have recently purchased a Wacom Intuos Draw CTL490DB.

I have connected it to my Debian Jessie system via USB, expecting it to
function immediately as my old Wacom tablet did, however this is not the
case.

I am unable to use the device, and `xsetwacom list devices' exits
without listing the device. I have installed the wacom drivers via the
`xserver-xorg-input-wacom' package, and it still does not function properly.

Whenever I connect the device, `dmesg -w' prints:

  [ 2698.799087] usb 1-2.3: New USB device found, idVendor=056a,
idProduct=033b
  [ 2698.799110] usb 1-2.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2,
SerialNumber=0
  [ 2698.799126] usb 1-2.3: Product: Intuos PS
  [ 2698.799139] usb 1-2.3: Manufacturer: Wacom Co.,Ltd.

The information about the device printed by `lsusb -v` can be found
here, if it's needed: http://pastebin.com/raw/DJCcsNAZ

If anyone could help guide me through solving my problem, I would
greatly appreciate it!

Sincerely,
Ethan McTague

Re: Intuos CTL490DB Connected, but not usable or listed in xsetwacom.

Ping Cheng-2
On Saturday, October 29, 2016, 9000 volts <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!
I have recently purchased a Wacom Intuos Draw CTL490DB.

I have connected it to my Debian Jessie system via USB, expecting it to
function immediately as my old Wacom tablet did, however this is not the
case.

I am unable to use the device, and `xsetwacom list devices' exits
without listing the device. I have installed the wacom drivers via the
`xserver-xorg-input-wacom' package, and it still does not function properly.

It is most likely your kernel driver is old, which doesn't support your new device. Please update your kernel driver by following the steps here: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Input-wacom

Good luck!

Ping