Intuos3 buttons broken in Ubuntu 16.10

animationista
I just installed Ubuntu 16.10 where my Intuos3 tablet does not work
properly.

Pen works from startup but as soon as I press any of the tablet buttons
clicking stops working (Left, middle and right). It breaks with both the
pen as well as with a usb-mouse. Reboot is the only option to get it
working again. First click of a tablet button gives a left down click
which I can only get out of by Esc. Following tablet clicks does nothing.

Rebooting into my old Ubuntu 14.04 install the tablet and pen works there.

I remember having this kind of problem years ago with some ancient
distros. Is there some kind of regression here?

-David

Re: Intuos3 buttons broken in Ubuntu 16.10

Ping Cheng-2
Hi David,

The device works on my system with the latest drivers installed. If it works on other Linux versions and distributions, it is most likely an issue specific to your distro. If updating wacom drivers by the steps at [1] doesn't help, please report the issue to Ubuntu community.

Thanks,

Ping

[1]http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Downloads