Quantcast

Module unloading issues

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Module unloading issues

Derrick MacPherson-2
I'm assuming what I'm seeing is that the system goes into low power mode and the wacom module is being removed:

[608279.842] (II) config/udev: removing device Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus
[608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing automatically added devices.
[608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 pad'
[608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
[608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 cursor'
[608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
[608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 eraser'
[608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
[608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"


Is there a way to prevent this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module unloading issues

Peter Hutterer-3
On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:58:21PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:

> I'm assuming what I'm seeing is that the system goes into low power mode
> and the wacom module is being removed:
>
> [608279.842] (II) config/udev: removing device Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus
> [608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing automatically added
> devices.
> [608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 pad'
> [608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> [608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 cursor'
> [608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> [608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 eraser'
> [608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> [608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
>
>
> Is there a way to prevent this?

why do you need to prevent it?

other than that: yes, the device is seen as being removed, so the server
unloads the module (it doesn't really, but that's a separate issue). The X
device is gone, which is what matters - same as after a physical unplug.

Cheers,
   Peter


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comprehensive Server Monitoring with Site24x7.
Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
Get alerted through email, SMS, voice calls or mobile push notifications.
Take corrective actions from your mobile device.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=154624111&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module unloading issues

Derrick MacPherson-2
because it's crashing X when it powers back up. It's happening to a lot of our workstations, and I'm wondering if the way the Teradici portals handle USB (PCoIP) has something to do with this.

On 11 November 2014 16:02, Peter Hutterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:58:21PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> I'm assuming what I'm seeing is that the system goes into low power mode
> and the wacom module is being removed:
>
> [608279.842] (II) config/udev: removing device Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus
> [608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing automatically added
> devices.
> [608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 pad'
> [608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> [608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 cursor'
> [608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> [608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 eraser'
> [608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> [608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
>
>
> Is there a way to prevent this?

why do you need to prevent it?

other than that: yes, the device is seen as being removed, so the server
unloads the module (it doesn't really, but that's a separate issue). The X
device is gone, which is what matters - same as after a physical unplug.

Cheers,
   Peter



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comprehensive Server Monitoring with Site24x7.
Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
Get alerted through email, SMS, voice calls or mobile push notifications.
Take corrective actions from your mobile device.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=154624111&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module unloading issues

Derrick MacPherson-2
In reply to this post by Peter Hutterer-3

Sure, I'll dig one up tomorrow when I get to work. You just want the xorg.0.log of a crash? I'd love to prevent it immediately and fix it after, it's affecting a lot of our artists.. Will get that to the list tomorrow, thanks

On Nov 11, 2014 4:27 PM, "Peter Hutterer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 04:25:55PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> because it's crashing X when it powers back up. It's happening to a lot of
> our workstations, and I'm wondering if the way the Teradici portals handle
> USB (PCoIP) has something to do with this.

shouldn't we then fix the crash, not prevent the module unload?
do you have  backtrace?

Cheers,
   Peter

>
> On 11 November 2014 16:02, Peter Hutterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:58:21PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> > > I'm assuming what I'm seeing is that the system goes into low power mode
> > > and the wacom module is being removed:
> > >
> > > [608279.842] (II) config/udev: removing device Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus
> > > [608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing automatically added
> > > devices.
> > > [608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> > > 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 pad'
> > > [608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> > > [608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> > > 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 cursor'
> > > [608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> > > [608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> > > 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 eraser'
> > > [608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> > > [608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> > >
> > >
> > > Is there a way to prevent this?
> >
> > why do you need to prevent it?
> >
> > other than that: yes, the device is seen as being removed, so the server
> > unloads the module (it doesn't really, but that's a separate issue). The X
> > device is gone, which is what matters - same as after a physical unplug.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >    Peter
> >
> >

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comprehensive Server Monitoring with Site24x7.
Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
Get alerted through email, SMS, voice calls or mobile push notifications.
Take corrective actions from your mobile device.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=154624111&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module unloading issues

Peter Hutterer-3
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 04:35:29PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> Sure, I'll dig one up tomorrow when I get to work. You just want the
> xorg.0.log of a crash? I'd love to prevent it immediately and fix it after,
> it's affecting a lot of our artists.. Will get that to the list tomorrow,
> thanks

yeah, the xorg.log should have some information about what's actually
crashing. Make sure it includes the version numbers of everything, and
install debug symbols before the crash triggers, that'll help narrow it
down.

Cheers,
   Peter


> On Nov 11, 2014 4:27 PM, "Peter Hutterer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 04:25:55PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> > > because it's crashing X when it powers back up. It's happening to a lot
> > of
> > > our workstations, and I'm wondering if the way the Teradici portals
> > handle
> > > USB (PCoIP) has something to do with this.
> >
> > shouldn't we then fix the crash, not prevent the module unload?
> > do you have  backtrace?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >    Peter
> >
> > >
> > > On 11 November 2014 16:02, Peter Hutterer <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > > On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:58:21PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> > > > > I'm assuming what I'm seeing is that the system goes into low power
> > mode
> > > > > and the wacom module is being removed:
> > > > >
> > > > > [608279.842] (II) config/udev: removing device Wacom Intuos3 6x8
> > stylus
> > > > > [608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing automatically
> > added
> > > > > devices.
> > > > > [608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> > > > > 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 pad'
> > > > > [608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> > > > > [608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> > > > > 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 cursor'
> > > > > [608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> > > > > [608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing dependent device
> > > > > 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 eraser'
> > > > > [608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> > > > > [608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Is there a way to prevent this?
> > > >
> > > > why do you need to prevent it?
> > > >
> > > > other than that: yes, the device is seen as being removed, so the
> > server
> > > > unloads the module (it doesn't really, but that's a separate issue).
> > The X
> > > > device is gone, which is what matters - same as after a physical
> > unplug.
> > > >
> > > > Cheers,
> > > >    Peter
> > > >
> > > >
> >

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comprehensive Server Monitoring with Site24x7.
Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
Get alerted through email, SMS, voice calls or mobile push notifications.
Take corrective actions from your mobile device.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=154624111&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Module unloading issues

Derrick MacPherson-2


On 16 November 2014 23:31, Peter Hutterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 04:15:54PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> here you go:

please don't just send these emails to me, I don't have the bandwidth to
deal with every bug in private. once a thread is on the list, please keep it
on the list, there may be others that can help.

> Here it is from gdb:
> (gdb) cont
> Continuing.
> Detaching after fork from child process 28945.
> Detaching after fork from child process 28984.
> Detaching after fork from child process 29075.
>
> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> wcmDevControlProc (device=0x19a77e0, ctrl=0x19a9048) at
> ../src/xf86Wacom.c:710
> 710 DBG(4, priv, "called\n");
>
> Here's what it looks like in Xorg.0.log.old with the wacom debug symbols
> installed:
>
> [701518.457] 0: /usr/bin/X (xorg_backtrace+0x28) [0x460d18]
> [701518.457] 1: /usr/bin/X (0x400000+0x63509) [0x463509]
> [701518.457] 2: /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x3992400000+0x32970) [0x3992432970]
> <a href="tel:%5B701518.457%5D%203" value="+17015184573">[701518.457] 3: */usr/lib64/xorg/modules/input/wacom_drv.so*
> (0x7f2e677ce000+0x3dfb) [0x7f2e677d1dfb]
> [701518.457] 4: /usr/bin/X (0x400000+0x3ff5c) [0x43ff5c]
> [701518.457] 5: /usr/bin/X (0x400000+0x2dbdc) [0x42dbdc]
> [701518.457] 6: /usr/bin/X (0x400000+0x2189a) [0x42189a]
> [701518.457] 7: /lib64/libc.so.6 (__libc_start_main+0xfd) [0x399241ec5d]
> [701518.457] 8: /usr/bin/X (0x400000+0x21449) [0x421449]
> [701518.457] Segmentation fault at address 0x18
> [701518.457]
> Fatal server error:
> [701518.457] Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
> [701518.457]
> [701518.457]
> Please consult the Fedora Project support

this is actually pretty bad, it sounds like memory corruption here or some
other error. main problem though is that you're using fedora 13, which is a
bit dated by now (2010 or so?)... not sure I can be of much help there

Cheers,
   Peter



Yes it is a bit dated, but it's difficult to move an entire production pipeline to a new OS and takes many months to test all our applications, both commercial and custom. Thanks for taking a look.

 
>
> On 12 November 2014 23:32, Derrick MacPherson <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I'll get it tomorrow.. Thank you
> > On 12 Nov 2014 21:49, "Peter Hutterer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:42:26PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> >> > from the egineer looking into the issue:
> >> >
> >> > "There wasn't any info it it except a crash happened in the X wacom
> >> driver
> >> > then propagated up to X.
> >> > I basically ssh'd into 3 user's machines, attached gdb, and waited for
> >> it
> >> > to crash so I could see the trace."
> >>
> >> that trace you speak of would've been quite important :)
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>    Peter
> >>
> >> > [root@machinename ~]# rpm -qa |egrep -i "wacom|xorg|2.6.32" |sort
> >> > input-wacom-0.23.0-1.fc13.x86_64
> >> > kernel-2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64
> >> > kernel-devel-2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64
> >> > kernel-headers-2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64
> >> > wacomexpresskeys-0.4.2-3.fc12.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-apps-7.4-14.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-drv-evdev-2.4.0-2.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-drv-vesa-2.3.0-1.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-drv-void-1.3.0-5.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-drv-wacom-0.16.1-4.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-drv-wacom-debuginfo-0.16.1-4.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-100dpi-7.2-9.fc12.noarch
> >> > xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-75dpi-7.2-9.fc12.noarch
> >> > xorg-x11-fonts-misc-7.2-9.fc12.noarch
> >> > xorg-x11-font-utils-7.2-12.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-proto-devel-7.4-36.fc13.noarch
> >> > xorg-x11-resutils-7.1-10.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-server-common-1.8.2-4.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-server-debuginfo-1.8.2-4.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-server-utils-7.4-17.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.8.2-4.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-server-Xvfb-1.8.2-4.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-utils-7.4-9.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-xauth-1.0.2-7.fc12.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-xinit-1.0.9-18.fc13.x86_64
> >> > xorg-x11-xkb-utils-7.4-7.fc13.x86_64
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > On 11 November 2014 16:46, Peter Hutterer <[hidden email]>
> >> wrote:
> >> >
> >> > > On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 04:35:29PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> >> > > > Sure, I'll dig one up tomorrow when I get to work. You just want the
> >> > > > xorg.0.log of a crash? I'd love to prevent it immediately and fix it
> >> > > after,
> >> > > > it's affecting a lot of our artists.. Will get that to the list
> >> tomorrow,
> >> > > > thanks
> >> > >
> >> > > yeah, the xorg.log should have some information about what's actually
> >> > > crashing. Make sure it includes the version numbers of everything, and
> >> > > install debug symbols before the crash triggers, that'll help narrow
> >> it
> >> > > down.
> >> > >
> >> > > Cheers,
> >> > >    Peter
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > > > On Nov 11, 2014 4:27 PM, "Peter Hutterer" <[hidden email]
> >> >
> >> > > wrote:
> >> > > >
> >> > > > > On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 04:25:55PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson
> >> wrote:
> >> > > > > > because it's crashing X when it powers back up. It's happening
> >> to a
> >> > > lot
> >> > > > > of
> >> > > > > > our workstations, and I'm wondering if the way the Teradici
> >> portals
> >> > > > > handle
> >> > > > > > USB (PCoIP) has something to do with this.
> >> > > > >
> >> > > > > shouldn't we then fix the crash, not prevent the module unload?
> >> > > > > do you have  backtrace?
> >> > > > >
> >> > > > > Cheers,
> >> > > > >    Peter
> >> > > > >
> >> > > > > >
> >> > > > > > On 11 November 2014 16:02, Peter Hutterer <
> >> [hidden email]>
> >> > > > > wrote:
> >> > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:58:21PM -0800, Derrick MacPherson
> >> wrote:
> >> > > > > > > > I'm assuming what I'm seeing is that the system goes into
> >> low
> >> > > power
> >> > > > > mode
> >> > > > > > > > and the wacom module is being removed:
> >> > > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > > [608279.842] (II) config/udev: removing device Wacom
> >> Intuos3 6x8
> >> > > > > stylus
> >> > > > > > > > [608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing
> >> > > automatically
> >> > > > > added
> >> > > > > > > > devices.
> >> > > > > > > > [608279.842] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing
> >> dependent
> >> > > device
> >> > > > > > > > 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 pad'
> >> > > > > > > > [608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> >> > > > > > > > [608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing
> >> dependent
> >> > > device
> >> > > > > > > > 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 cursor'
> >> > > > > > > > [608279.843] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> >> > > > > > > > [608279.843] (II) Wacom Intuos3 6x8 stylus: removing
> >> dependent
> >> > > device
> >> > > > > > > > 'Wacom Intuos3 6x8 eraser'
> >> > > > > > > > [608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> >> > > > > > > > [608279.858] (II) UnloadModule: "wacom"
> >> > > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > > Is there a way to prevent this?
> >> > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > why do you need to prevent it?
> >> > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > other than that: yes, the device is seen as being removed, so
> >> the
> >> > > > > server
> >> > > > > > > unloads the module (it doesn't really, but that's a separate
> >> > > issue).
> >> > > > > The X
> >> > > > > > > device is gone, which is what matters - same as after a
> >> physical
> >> > > > > unplug.
> >> > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > > Cheers,
> >> > > > > > >    Peter
> >> > > > > > >
> >> > > > > > >
> >> > > > >
> >> > >
> >>
> >


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download BIRT iHub F-Type - The Free Enterprise-Grade BIRT Server
from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and Dashboards
with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration & more
Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations, FREE
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=157005751&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Loading...