New Wacom Intuos Photo Small

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Wacom Intuos Photo Small

Pourrito
Hi all,

I am new to this mailing-list, and I hope this is the good place to ask about the development state of the driver.

I bought the "Wacom Intuos Photo Small" tablet and discovered that it was not supported on my Linux system (Ubuntu 15.10_x64)

The full reference of the device is Wacom Intuos Photo Small CTH490PKS

I would be more than willing to help in providing any kind of details or logs in order to have my device to work proporly. Unfortunately, I have no techyexperience and am just some kind of average user.

Please advise on what to do, where and how I should help.

Regards,

Siment


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transform Data into Opportunity.
Accelerate data analysis in your applications with
Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library.
Click to learn more.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=278785111&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Wacom Intuos Photo Small

Ping Cheng-2
You probably need to update your kernel driver. Refer to  http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Input-wacom.

If you post the output of "uname -a", "modinfo wacom  | grep version", and "dmesg | grep "Wacom"", We'll be able to tell you more.

Ping

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 3:55 AM, Pourrito <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to this mailing-list, and I hope this is the good place to ask about the development state of the driver.

I bought the "Wacom Intuos Photo Small" tablet and discovered that it was not supported on my Linux system (Ubuntu 15.10_x64)

The full reference of the device is Wacom Intuos Photo Small CTH490PKS

I would be more than willing to help in providing any kind of details or logs in order to have my device to work proporly. Unfortunately, I have no techyexperience and am just some kind of average user.

Please advise on what to do, where and how I should help.

Regards,

Siment


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transform Data into Opportunity.
Accelerate data analysis in your applications with
Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library.
Click to learn more.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=278785111&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transform Data into Opportunity.
Accelerate data analysis in your applications with
Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library.
Click to learn more.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=278785111&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Wacom Intuos Photo Small

Pourrito
Thanks for your swift answer.

Here are the output you asked me for :

~$ uname -a
Linux Corsaire 4.2.0-30-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 26 00:58:07 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

~$ modinfo wacom  | grep version
version:        v2.00-0.30.0
srcversion:     C58093B029FD87A94FE2E6E
modinfo: ERROR: Module   not found.
vermagic:       4.2.0-30-generic SMP mod_unload modversions


~$ dmesg | grep "Wacom"
[    1.216353] usb 1-4: Manufacturer: Wacom Co.,Ltd.
[    1.672750] input: Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS Pen as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-4/1-4:1.0/0003:056A:033C.0001/input/input5
[    1.672827] wacom 0003:056A:033C.0001: hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS] on usb-0000:00:14.0-4/input0
[    1.672868] wacom 0003:056A:033C.0002: Unknown device_type for 'Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS'. Ignoring.
[    1.672914] wacom 0003:056A:033C.0003: Unknown device_type for 'Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS'. Ignoring.


(I tried to update the kernel driver (to input-wacom 0.32), but I got errors during the ./configure step, with depencies not met (which I tried to install, but could not be found


Simon.


On Mar 11 2016, at 1:04 am, Ping Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:
You probably need to update your kernel driver. Refer to  http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Input-wacom.

If you post the output of "uname -a", "modinfo wacom  | grep version", and "dmesg | grep "Wacom"", We'll be able to tell you more.

Ping

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 3:55 AM, Pourrito <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to this mailing-list, and I hope this is the good place to ask about the development state of the driver.

I bought the "Wacom Intuos Photo Small" tablet and discovered that it was not supported on my Linux system (Ubuntu 15.10_x64)

The full reference of the device is Wacom Intuos Photo Small CTH490PKS

I would be more than willing to help in providing any kind of details or logs in order to have my device to work proporly. Unfortunately, I have no techyexperience and am just some kind of average user.

Please advise on what to do, where and how I should help.

Regards,

Siment


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transform Data into Opportunity.
Accelerate data analysis in your applications with
Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library.
Click to learn more.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=278785111&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transform Data into Opportunity.
Accelerate data analysis in your applications with
Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library.
Click to learn more.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=278785111&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Wacom Intuos Photo Small

Ping Cheng-2
On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Pourrito <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for your swift answer.

Here are the output you asked me for :

~$ uname -a
Linux Corsaire 4.2.0-30-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Fri Feb 26 00:58:07 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

kernel 4.2 doesn't support your device.
 
~$ modinfo wacom  | grep version
version:        v2.00-0.30.0
srcversion:     C58093B029FD87A94FE2E6E
modinfo: ERROR: Module   not found.
vermagic:       4.2.0-30-generic SMP mod_unload modversions

We fixed something in input-wacom-0.30.0. So, you definitely need to update the kernel driver.

~$ dmesg | grep "Wacom"
[    1.216353] usb 1-4: Manufacturer: Wacom Co.,Ltd.
[    1.672750] input: Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS Pen as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-4/1-4:1.0/0003:056A:033C.0001/input/input5
[    1.672827] wacom 0003:056A:033C.0001: hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS] on usb-0000:00:14.0-4/input0
[    1.672868] wacom 0003:056A:033C.0002: Unknown device_type for 'Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS'. Ignoring.
[    1.672914] wacom 0003:056A:033C.0003: Unknown device_type for 'Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS'. Ignoring.

Above messages indicate your device is not driven by Wacom driver.
 
(I tried to update the kernel driver (to input-wacom 0.32), but I got errors during the ./configure step, with depencies not met (which I tried to install, but could not be found

What commands did you try? Did you try:

"sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essentia"

Ping
 
On Mar 11 2016, at 1:04 am, Ping Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:
You probably need to update your kernel driver. Refer to  http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Input-wacom.

If you post the output of "uname -a", "modinfo wacom  | grep version", and "dmesg | grep "Wacom"", We'll be able to tell you more.

Ping

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 3:55 AM, Pourrito <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to this mailing-list, and I hope this is the good place to ask about the development state of the driver.

I bought the "Wacom Intuos Photo Small" tablet and discovered that it was not supported on my Linux system (Ubuntu 15.10_x64)

The full reference of the device is Wacom Intuos Photo Small CTH490PKS

I would be more than willing to help in providing any kind of details or logs in order to have my device to work proporly. Unfortunately, I have no techyexperience and am just some kind of average user.

Please advise on what to do, where and how I should help.

Regards,

Siment


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transform Data into Opportunity.
Accelerate data analysis in your applications with
Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library.
Click to learn more.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=278785111&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss




------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transform Data into Opportunity.
Accelerate data analysis in your applications with
Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library.
Click to learn more.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=278785111&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Wacom Intuos Photo Small

Ping Cheng-2
In reply to this post by Pourrito
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 12:14 AM, El Pourrito <[hidden email]> wrote:


2016-03-11 23:23 GMT+01:00 Ping Cheng <[hidden email]>:

What commands did you try? Did you try:

"sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essentia"

Ping


Hi there, Thanks for the follow-up.

No, I did not enter that particular command. First I went for the input-wacom-0.30.0, and it worked… That is until I rebooted my PC, at which time i had to type in this full sequence again to get it to work :

sudo modprobe -r wacom
sudo modprobe -r wacom_w8001
sudo modprobe wacom
sudo modprobe wacom_w8001

So I finally decided to go for a full (graphical  via gDebi) kernel update and installed 4.4.4. The tablet was instantly recognized, although it still doesn't appear in ubuntu's settings manager. I guess this might be due to my previous attempts at compiling different divers. So it works but i'm unable to use or setup the tablet's buttons. Well, that'll do until I make a clean install of 16.04, when it's out.


Here is my new dmesg | grep "Wacom" output

[    1.395685] usb 3-4: Manufacturer: Wacom Co.,Ltd.
[    1.794446] input: Wacom Intuos PT S 2 Pen as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-4/3-4:1.0/0003:056A:033C.0001/input/input5
[    1.794567] wacom 0003:056A:033C.0001: hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS] on usb-0000:00:14.0-4/input0
[    1.800169] input: Wacom Intuos PT S 2 Finger as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-4/3-4:1.1/0003:056A:033C.0002/input/input9
[    1.800292] input: Wacom Intuos PT S 2 Pad as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-4/3-4:1.1/0003:056A:033C.0002/input/input10
[    1.800405] wacom 0003:056A:033C.0002: hidraw1: USB HID v1.10 Device [Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS] on usb-0000:00:14.0-4/input1


my new modinfo wacom  | grep version

version:        v2.00
srcversion:     DE7C71BF8A5310E0B060C82
vermagic:       4.4.4-040404-generic SMP mod_unload modversions

and uname -a

Linux Corsaire 4.4.4-040404-generic #201603031931 SMP Fri Mar 4 00:34:16 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux



In my Ubuntu 16.04 beta Vbox Virtual Machine, the tablet does show in “settings” i but even there, the buttons cannot be assigned any function. The "edit" button does not do anything, no more than pressing the buttons themselves.

That's known issue. We can't configure those buttons in Gnome.
 
I went through xsetwacom man page and several other help pages, but was unable to find enough information on the tablet's button numbering.

You should be able to configure those buttons by xsetwacom. But, please disable  g-s-d first:  http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Tablet_Configuration#gnome-settings-daemon.

Those button numbers are: 1, 3 on the left and 8, 9 on the right. So, to assign button 1 to a key, it would be something like:

xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos PT S 2 Pad pad" button 1 "key a"

Test your buttons, you'll see which button it is assigned to.

Ping

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transform Data into Opportunity.
Accelerate data analysis in your applications with
Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library.
Click to learn more.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=278785231&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New Wacom Intuos Photo Small

Pourrito
Man, You're awsome. It works flawlessly,

Thanks a million…

Simon

On mars 15 2016, at 9:27 pm, Ping Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 12:14 AM, El Pourrito <[hidden email]> wrote:


2016-03-11 23:23 GMT+01:00 Ping Cheng <[hidden email]>:

What commands did you try? Did you try:

"sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essentia"

Ping


Hi there, Thanks for the follow-up.

No, I did not enter that particular command. First I went for the input-wacom-0.30.0, and it worked… That is until I rebooted my PC, at which time i had to type in this full sequence again to get it to work :

sudo modprobe -r wacom
sudo modprobe -r wacom_w8001
sudo modprobe wacom
sudo modprobe wacom_w8001

So I finally decided to go for a full (graphical  via gDebi) kernel update and installed 4.4.4. The tablet was instantly recognized, although it still doesn't appear in ubuntu's settings manager. I guess this might be due to my previous attempts at compiling different divers. So it works but i'm unable to use or setup the tablet's buttons. Well, that'll do until I make a clean install of 16.04, when it's out.


Here is my new dmesg | grep "Wacom" output

[    1.395685] usb 3-4: Manufacturer: Wacom Co.,Ltd.
[    1.794446] input: Wacom Intuos PT S 2 Pen as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-4/3-4:1.0/0003:056A:033C.0001/input/input5
[    1.794567] wacom 0003:056A:033C.0001: hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS] on usb-0000:00:14.0-4/input0
[    1.800169] input: Wacom Intuos PT S 2 Finger as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-4/3-4:1.1/0003:056A:033C.0002/input/input9
[    1.800292] input: Wacom Intuos PT S 2 Pad as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-4/3-4:1.1/0003:056A:033C.0002/input/input10
[    1.800405] wacom 0003:056A:033C.0002: hidraw1: USB HID v1.10 Device [Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PTS] on usb-0000:00:14.0-4/input1


my new modinfo wacom  | grep version

version:        v2.00
srcversion:     DE7C71BF8A5310E0B060C82
vermagic:       4.4.4-040404-generic SMP mod_unload modversions

and uname -a

Linux Corsaire 4.4.4-040404-generic #201603031931 SMP Fri Mar 4 00:34:16 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux



In my Ubuntu 16.04 beta Vbox Virtual Machine, the tablet does show in “settings” i but even there, the buttons cannot be assigned any function. The "edit" button does not do anything, no more than pressing the buttons themselves.

That's known issue. We can't configure those buttons in Gnome.
 
I went through xsetwacom man page and several other help pages, but was unable to find enough information on the tablet's button numbering.

You should be able to configure those buttons by xsetwacom. But, please disable  g-s-d first:  http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Tablet_Configuration#gnome-settings-daemon.

Those button numbers are: 1, 3 on the left and 8, 9 on the right. So, to assign button 1 to a key, it would be something like:

xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos PT S 2 Pad pad" button 1 "key a"

Test your buttons, you'll see which button it is assigned to.

Ping

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transform Data into Opportunity.
Accelerate data analysis in your applications with
Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library.
Click to learn more.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=278785231&iu=/4140
_______________________________________________
Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss