Pen buttons are not working on Vaio Z Canvas

Pen buttons are not working on Vaio Z Canvas

Illya Klymov
Hi! I just got Vaio Z Canvas, which runs N-Trig device:

Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1b96:0f0c N-Trig

It seems my pen buttons are not working. I've decided to go low-level:

cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/usbmon/1u

this shows me output when I moves pen, but zero output when I click buttons.
Should my pen be controlled by wacom driver? (currently it is usbhid)

Re: Pen buttons are not working on Vaio Z Canvas

Jason Gerecke
On 07/09/2016 07:58 AM, Illya Klymov wrote:

> Hi! I just got Vaio Z Canvas, which runs N-Trig device:
>
> Bus 001 Device 006: ID 1b96:0f0c N-Trig
>
> It seems my pen buttons are not working. I've decided to go low-level:
>
> cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/usbmon/1u
>
> this shows me output when I moves pen, but zero output when I click buttons.
> Should my pen be controlled by wacom driver? (currently it is usbhid)

Hi Illya :)

I'd recommend getting in touch with the DIGImend project
(https://digimend.github.io/) since they're much more familiar with
whats necessary to get non-Wacom hardware working properly under Linux.

I'm just guessing, but I don't believe its necessary to use the Wacom
kernel driver for your pen since it isn't used by other non-Wacom
tablets. Depending on how the kernel driver that is actually used sends
events, your userspace driver may be xf86-input-wacom, xf86-input-evdev,
or xf86-input-libinput -- again, the DIGImend project would probably
have the best idea.

Sorry I can't be much more help...

you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one /
(That is to say, eight) to the two, /
But you can’t take seven from three, /