Re: rotation & calibration (Cintiq 22HD Touch)?

Re: rotation & calibration (Cintiq 22HD Touch)?

Jason Gerecke
Sorry about the delay, I've been a bit busy :(

It looks like the driver is aware that it should be rotating
coordinates to compensate for a device rotated 90 degrees clockwise,
and all the other properties look fine as well.

Are you rotating the screen orientation (e.g. through the KDE Display
and Monitor settings) immediately after rotating the tablet? I know
that GNOME will get confused if you do that and can cause the tablet
to not appear to be rotated correctly. I'm not too sure what KDE does,
but I wonder if something similar is going on. Rotating the tablet
through xsetwacom and doing nothing else should show an effect... If
not, I'll probably have to have you do some basic tests and capture
the driver's internal logs.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 12:23 AM, David Melik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did anyone have any thoughts what I should do next, after getting the xf86-input-wacom driver to work, but it still does not make the tablet coordinates rotate? I had asked last week, then remembered I should send the output of the command listed below, which I think I did in a post (did anyone get the file?), last Thursday, with the title 'Re: [Linuxwacom-discuss] rotation &calibration (Cintiq 22HD Touch)?'. Sorry for changing the subject line so much; I just thought I should keep it on-topic, but I probably should not have changed it... and accidentally omitted a space that time, starting what would have been a new thread.

David Melik

Sorry about the delay, I've been a bit busy :(

It looks like the driver is aware that it should be rotating
coordinates to compensate for a device rotated 90 degrees clockwise,
and all the other properties look fine as well.

Are you rotating the screen orientation (e.g. through the KDE Display
and Monitor settings) immediately after rotating the tablet? I know
that GNOME will get confused if you do that and can cause the tablet
to not appear to be rotated correctly. I'm not too sure what KDE does,
but I wonder if something similar is going on. Rotating the tablet
through xsetwacom and doing nothing else should show an effect... If
not, I'll probably have to have you do some basic tests and capture
the driver's internal logs.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 12:23 AM, David Melik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did anyone have any thoughts what I should do next, after getting the xf86-input-wacom driver to work, but it still does not make the tablet coordinates rotate? I had asked last week, then remembered I should send the output of the command listed below, which I think I did in a post (did anyone get the file?), last Thursday, with the title 'Re: [Linuxwacom-discuss] rotation &calibration (Cintiq 22HD Touch)?'. Sorry for changing the subject line so much; I just thought I should keep it on-topic, but I probably should not have changed it... and accidentally omitted a space that time, starting what would have been a new thread.

The calibrator being partially off-screen is unrelated to the rotation
and area. IIRC, the xinput_calibrator program has only recently
(February) fixed it and *only* building it from git will fix it.

Since it doesn't sound like screen rotation is affecting things, lets
grab some logs from the driver. Please do the following:

$ xsetwacom set "Wacom Cintiq 22HDT Pen stylus" tooldebuglevel 10
$ xsetwacom set "Wacom Cintiq 22HDT Pen stylus" rotation none
<briefly bring the pen in prox at the tablet's top-left corner>
$ xsetwacom set "Wacom Cintiq 22HDT Pen stylus" rotation ccw
<briefly bring the pen in prox at the tablet's top-left corner again>
$ xsetwacom set "Wacom Cintiq 22HDT Pen stylus" rotation none
$ xsetwacom set "Wacom Cintiq 22HDT Pen stylus" tooldebuglevel 0

Then attach your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file for me to review.

[1]: https://github.com/tias/xinput_calibrator

> [...]

Ok, here is the /var/log/Xorg.0.log. I think you meant 'rotate' instead of 'rotation' in the commands, so I did this substitution.

Xorg.0.log (929K) Download Attachment

Re: rotation & calibration (Cintiq 22HD Touch)?

Jason Gerecke
Curiouser and curiouser... The log shows that the driver is rotating
the events as expected. For example, the first rotated event comes in
from the hardware at (524, 452), is rotated and scaled, and finally
reported to X as (95042, 296). Can you run `xinput list "Wacom Cintiq
22HDT Pen stylus"` for me after rotation so I can make sure that the
reported coordinate system isn't (somehow) changing alongside the
internal changes?

Unfortunately, I'm running out of ideas. Can you describe the distro
and desktop environment for me? I might see if I can reproduce
anything similar from a live CD...