Quantcast

Re: xsetwacom not working with keyboard switcher KDE

Re: xsetwacom not working with keyboard switcher KDE

Jason Gerecke
On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Jason Gerecke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/16/2015 12:01 AM, Knapp wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 11:39 PM, Jason Gerecke <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 12:01 AM, Knapp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > When I try in input a change to the pad key, it will not work. It sees
>> > different keys that what is put in. (if you need more please let me
>> > know! and Thanks!)
>> > As an example
>> >
>> > douglas@Frog ~ $ xsetwacom -V
>> > 0.24.0
>> >
>> > douglas@Frog ~ $ xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos PT M Pad pad" Button 1
>> > "key a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z"
>> >
>> > douglas@Frog ~ $ axje.uidchtnmbrl'poygk,q;f
>> >
>> > Now I switch to the German keyboard away from the USA dvorak one.
>> >
>> > douglas@Frog ~ $ abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
>> >
>> Odd, but understandable. This is what would happen if xsetwacom though
>> the German layout were active when you set the buttons. The keys 'a',
>> 'b', 'c', etc. on a German layout correspond to the keys 'a', 'x',
>> 'j', etc. on a Dvorak layout.
>>
>> > douglas@Frog ~ $ xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos PT M Pad pad" Button 1
>> > "key a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z"
>> >
>> > douglas@Frog ~ $ abidezuhijkpmlorqrstuvwxtz
>> This makes no sense at all. In some cases, it seems to be looking at a
>> German layout (e.g. the 'b' key sends a German 'b') while in others it
>> seems to be looking at a Dvorak layout (e.g. the 'c' key sends a
>> Dvorak 'c' [which, since German is active, comes up as 'i']).
>>
>> > switch back the other way
>> > douglas@Frog ~ $ axce.fgdchtlmnrp'poygk,qyf
>> >
>> This makes sense again: if 'abidezuhijkpmlorqrstuvwxtz' were typed on
>> a German keyboard set to a Dvorak layout, 'axce.fgdchtlmnrp'poygk,qyf'
>> is what you'd expect to appear on the screen.
>>
>> > I am running a fully updated Sabayon KDE with  a CTH-680 pad.
>> >
>> > My xorg.conf
>> >
>> > [SNIPPED]
>> >
>> > Section "ServerLayout"
>> >     Identifier   "Main Layout"
>> >     Screen 0    "Screen 0"
>> >     InputDevice "stylus" "SendCoreEvents"
>> >     InputDevice "eraser" "SendCoreEvents"
>> >     InputDevice "cursor" "SendCoreEvents"
>> >     InputDevice "touch"  "SendCoreEVents"
>> >     InputDevice "pad"
>> I doubt it'd make a difference, but try adding "SendCoreEvents" to the
>> pad device as well.
>

> Done.
>

>> > EndSection
>> >
>> > [SNIPPED]
>> >
>> > Section "InputDevice"
>> > Identifier "pad"
>> > Driver "wacom"
>> > Option "Device" "/dev/input/wacom" # USB ONLY
>> > Option "Type" "pad"
>> > Option "USB" "on" # USB ONLY
>> > #     Setting up buttons
>> > Option "Button1" "1"
>> > Option "Button2" "2"
>> > Option "Button3" "key d o u g"
>> The xorg.conf file can only map buttons to other buttons. To have keys
>> be sent, you'll need to use xsetwacom or another tool.

> [...]

Have you had a chance to try compiling and installing from git?
Another keyboard layout related issue [1] was just posted to our bug
tracker, and I wonder if its at all related to the issue that you're
having (or the issue I mentioned earlier).

[1]: http://sourceforge.net/p/linuxwacom/bugs/274/