Quantcast

Tablet Wacom Intuos PhotoCTH-490 not detected by "Graphics Tablet" application

Tablet Wacom Intuos PhotoCTH-490 not detected by "Graphics Tablet" application

Rafael K.
Hello linuxwacom-team,

I bought a 'Wacom Intous Photo". It's the one with ID 056a:033c. (CTH-490)

When I plug in the tablet I can use it in gimp etc.
But what wonders me is that the Graphics Tablet Application is not
detecting the tablet.
I cannot configure it at all.

I have already tried to update the drivers etc but nothing solved the
problem.

Do you have an idea what else I can try that the Tablet is recognised by
the Application?

Oh, I am using Ubuntu 14.04.5 with Kernel 4.4. I think this should not
be the problem because I can work with the tablet in gimp.
Unfortunately without a configured tablet.

Thanks in advance for help and best Regards

Rafael

Re: Tablet Wacom Intuos PhotoCTH-490 not detected by "Graphics Tablet" application

Jason Gerecke
Hi Rafael,

The "Wacom Tablet Settings" application gets information about
connected tablets with the help of the libwacom library and database.
This database contains information about the settings that can be
configured for specific tablets and needs to be updated whenever new
tablets are released. Unfortunately, it looks like the version for
Ubuntu 14.04 predates the release of your tablet, which is why it
doesn't show up.

You have a few options:

1) You can update to Ubuntu 16.04, which includes an updated libwacom
library and database. This would be my recommendation but might not be
desired or possible.

2) Downloading the DEB packages from Ubuntu's site and installing them
manually. This is a quick fix and should be fine, but the package
won't be updated if Ubuntu creates a new version for some reason.

    $ wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/libw/libwacom/libwacom-bin_0.22-1_amd64.deb
    $ wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/libw/libwacom/libwacom-common_0.22-1_all.deb
    $ wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/libw/libwacom/libwacom2_0.22-1_amd64.deb
    $ sudo dpkg -i libwacom-bin_0.22-1_amd64.deb
libwacom-common_0.22-1_all.deb libwacom2_0.22-1_amd64.deb

3) You can modify your APT sources and preferences so that it will use
the version from Ubuntu 16.04 automatically. This might make upgrading
more difficult in the future, but should keep the package updated if
Ubuntu makes modifications (unlikely).

    # echo "deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial main" >
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/xenial.list
    # echo -e "Package: libwacom*\nPin: release
a=xenial\nPin-Priority: 910\n\nPackage: *\nPin: release
a=xenial\nPin-Priority: -10" > /etc/apt/preferences.d/xenial
    # apt-get update
    # apt-get upgrade libwacom2 libwacom-common