Using PenPartner in absolute mode through event interface

Using PenPartner in absolute mode through event interface

Frank Barknecht
Hi all,

I'd like to use a PenPartner tablet in absolute mode through the event
interface, that is, *not* with X and Xinput. However so far I only
managed to get relative data from the device. I used the little test
tool from the "USB HID for Linux USB" howto at
http://www.frogmouth.net/hid-doco/linux-hid.html (example4.c) which
reports:

$ example4 /dev/input/event2
Supported event types:
  Event type 0x00  (Unknown event type: 0x0000)
  Event type 0x01  (Keys or Buttons)
  Event type 0x02  (Relative Axes)

As you see: no absolute axes. :(

I suppose I need to prime the device somehow to set it to absolute
mode, however I don't know how to do it and googling always leads me
to information on how to set the X mode to absolute, which doesn't
help in my case.

Can anyone help me out here and maybe point me to some example code or
ready-made setup tools?

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht                 _ ______footils.org_ __goto10.org__