Wacom Intuos Pen Medium (CTL-680) is not recognized

Wacom Intuos Pen Medium (CTL-680) is not recognized

Phan Quoc Huy
Hi everyone,

I'm using the CTL-680 tablet. According to the search results and what I have tried. It seems like CTL-680 is not well supported. First it is not in the "data" folder of libwacom. I found a patch from

and added the .tablet file to the data folder, then recompiled libwacom (0.11) but got no luck. I have also tried several methods:

- updating /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-wacom.conf
- running modprobe wacom (and see lsmod | grep wacom)
- install latest xf86-input-wacom (0.27)

Nothing works for me. I'm running out of hope :( The tablet is brand new and works perfectly on Windows.

my system: Linux phuy-desktop 3.13.0-40-generic #69-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 13 17:53:56 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
--
Sincerely,

Huy

Re: Wacom Intuos Pen Medium (CTL-680) is not recognized

Jason Gerecke
Support for the CTL-680 should be available in either the Linux 3.18
kernel or our input-wacom 0.26 driver. Neither are available at the
moment (both are in development), but as it is significantly easier to
get input-wacom drivers working, I would suggest cloning our git
repository[1] and following the available instructions[2].

[1]: `git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/linuxwacom/input-wacom`
[2]: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Input-wacom