Quantcast

Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

George Willegers
Hello,

Can anyone tell me why my Wacom Intuos4 is no longer working after
upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)?

It was working perfectly, until I upgraded. Kernel version now is
3.19.0-32-generic.

lsusb is showing the tablet:
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 056a:00b9 Wacom Co., Ltd Intuos4 6x9

When I log in, the OLED display icons are loaded, so there is
communication between the computer and the tablet.
But there is no response to pen movements or button clicks.
The tablet settings GUI says "No tablet detected".

How can I get the Intuos working again, like it was before the upgrade?

Regards,
George

Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

George Willegers
Hello,

Can anyone tell me why my Wacom Intuos4 is no longer working after
upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)?

It was working perfectly, until I upgraded. Kernel version now is
3.19.0-32-generic.

lsusb is showing the tablet:
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 056a:00b9 Wacom Co., Ltd Intuos4 6x9

When I log in, the OLED display icons are loaded, so there is
communication between the computer and the tablet.
But there is no response to pen movements or button clicks.
The tablet settings GUI says "No tablet detected".

How can I get the Intuos working again, like it was before the upgrade?

Regards,
George

(Sorry if this message appears twice. I sent it after subscribing to the
list, but before I received a welcome message, and I did not get a copy
myself.)

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

Jason Gerecke
Apologies for the delay. I've downloaded and installed a fresh copy of
Mint 17.3 (Cinnamon, x86_64) into VirtualBox to try and replicate your
issue. I'm also using an Intuos4 6x9 and see that uname reports
3.19.0-32-generic.

Although the "Graphics Tablet" panel reports "No tablet detected" for
me as well, I'm able to move the cursor and click around the desktop
normally. The fact that the OLED display icons work for you indicates
that whatever issue you're having is likely with X. Could you please
attach your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file for review? Also, just for good
measure, attach the output of `dmesg` as a file as well. You'll likely
receive a message about your mail being placed in a moderation queue
due to its size; don't worry about it: it'll make its way through in
short order.

My initial guess is that either the X driver was broken after the
upgrade, or that something is amiss with the various "xorg.conf.d"
configuration snippets. Its possible something stranger is going on
though -- I won't be able to figure out what without the output from
X.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 11:16 AM, George Willegers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me why my Wacom Intuos4 is no longer working after
> upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)?
>
> It was working perfectly, until I upgraded. Kernel version now is
> 3.19.0-32-generic.
>
> lsusb is showing the tablet:
> Bus 001 Device 006: ID 056a:00b9 Wacom Co., Ltd Intuos4 6x9
>
> When I log in, the OLED display icons are loaded, so there is
> communication between the computer and the tablet.
> But there is no response to pen movements or button clicks.
> The tablet settings GUI says "No tablet detected".
>
> How can I get the Intuos working again, like it was before the upgrade?
>
> Regards,
> George
>
> (Sorry if this message appears twice. I sent it after subscribing to the
> list, but before I received a welcome message, and I did not get a copy
> myself.)

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

George Willegers
Hello Jason,

Thanks for your reply. Attached are the file you requested. Xorg.0.log
contains some errors:
(EE) Wacom Intuos4 6x9 Pad pad: Error reading wacom device : No such device

I installed kernel 3.16.0-55, so if I really want to use my tablet I
select that one on booting the computer.

George

Op 16-12-15 om 03:33 schreef Jason Gerecke:

> Apologies for the delay. I've downloaded and installed a fresh copy of
> Mint 17.3 (Cinnamon, x86_64) into VirtualBox to try and replicate your
> issue. I'm also using an Intuos4 6x9 and see that uname reports
> 3.19.0-32-generic.
>
> Although the "Graphics Tablet" panel reports "No tablet detected" for
> me as well, I'm able to move the cursor and click around the desktop
> normally. The fact that the OLED display icons work for you indicates
> that whatever issue you're having is likely with X. Could you please
> attach your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file for review? Also, just for good
> measure, attach the output of `dmesg` as a file as well. You'll likely
> receive a message about your mail being placed in a moderation queue
> due to its size; don't worry about it: it'll make its way through in
> short order.
>
> My initial guess is that either the X driver was broken after the
> upgrade, or that something is amiss with the various "xorg.conf.d"
> configuration snippets. Its possible something stranger is going on
> though -- I won't be able to figure out what without the output from
> X.
>
> Jason
> ---
> Now instead of four in the eights place /
> you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one  /
> (That is to say, eight) to the two,     /
> But you can’t take seven from three,    /
> So you look at the sixty-fours....
>
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 11:16 AM, George Willegers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me why my Wacom Intuos4 is no longer working after
>> upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)?
>>
>> It was working perfectly, until I upgraded. Kernel version now is
>> 3.19.0-32-generic.
>>
>> lsusb is showing the tablet:
>> Bus 001 Device 006: ID 056a:00b9 Wacom Co., Ltd Intuos4 6x9
>>
>> When I log in, the OLED display icons are loaded, so there is
>> communication between the computer and the tablet.
>> But there is no response to pen movements or button clicks.
>> The tablet settings GUI says "No tablet detected".
>>
>> How can I get the Intuos working again, like it was before the upgrade?
>>
>> Regards,
>> George
>>
>> (Sorry if this message appears twice. I sent it after subscribing to the
>> list, but before I received a welcome message, and I did not get a copy
>> myself.)

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

George Willegers
And now with the attachments (blush...)

dmesg.txt (86K) Download Attachment
Xorg.0.log (36K) Download Attachment

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

Jason Gerecke
I'm not sure why you'd be getting "Error reading device" messages in
your log (especially since the dmesg doesn't indicate anything
abnormal), but they would explain why the pen doesn't work...

I see that version 0.23.0 of the driver is being loaded by X. On my
install, its 0.25. I realize you just upgraded to 17.3, but just to be
sure, try running `apt-get update && apt-get upgrade` once more to
make sure everything is up to date. Next, try to install an updated
version of the X driver by running `apt-get install
xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-vivid`. If that doesn't work, let me know
and try running `apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-utopic`
instead. Both are apparently version 0.25 (my install apparently has
the "vivid" version) but were compiled to work with different X server
versions. After updating 0.25, restart and see if the pen works.

You might also consider installing the "evemu-tools" package to do
additional investigation. If you do, run `sudo evemu-record`. You
should see a list of devices -- choose "Wacom Intuos4 6x9" if it's in
the list and then touch the pen to the tablet. You should see a bunch
of output whenever you move the pen nearby. If there's no output in
response to moving the pen or the device isn't listed, be sure to let
me know. That will be interesting indeed.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 8:44 AM, George Willegers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And now with the attachments (blush...)
>
> Op 16-12-15 om 17:40 schreef George Willegers:
>
>> Hello Jason,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply. Attached are the file you requested. Xorg.0.log
>> contains some errors:
>> (EE) Wacom Intuos4 6x9 Pad pad: Error reading wacom device : No such
>> device
>>
>> I installed kernel 3.16.0-55, so if I really want to use my tablet I
>> select that one on booting the computer.
>>
>> George
>>
>> Op 16-12-15 om 03:33 schreef Jason Gerecke:
>>>
>>> Apologies for the delay. I've downloaded and installed a fresh copy of
>>> Mint 17.3 (Cinnamon, x86_64) into VirtualBox to try and replicate your
>>> issue. I'm also using an Intuos4 6x9 and see that uname reports
>>> 3.19.0-32-generic.
>>>
>>> Although the "Graphics Tablet" panel reports "No tablet detected" for
>>> me as well, I'm able to move the cursor and click around the desktop
>>> normally. The fact that the OLED display icons work for you indicates
>>> that whatever issue you're having is likely with X. Could you please
>>> attach your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file for review? Also, just for good
>>> measure, attach the output of `dmesg` as a file as well. You'll likely
>>> receive a message about your mail being placed in a moderation queue
>>> due to its size; don't worry about it: it'll make its way through in
>>> short order.
>>>
>>> My initial guess is that either the X driver was broken after the
>>> upgrade, or that something is amiss with the various "xorg.conf.d"
>>> configuration snippets. Its possible something stranger is going on
>>> though -- I won't be able to figure out what without the output from
>>> X.
>>>
>>> Jason
>>> ---
>>> Now instead of four in the eights place /
>>> you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one  /
>>> (That is to say, eight) to the two,     /
>>> But you can’t take seven from three,    /
>>> So you look at the sixty-fours....

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

George Willegers
Hello Jason,

I ran the update/upgrade combo, I am up to date now. Version 0.23 is
still installed.
Strange that you have 0.25.

When I try to install 0.25 I get the following (my translation, original
text follows for reference):

=== translated text ===
~ $ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-vivid
Package lists are being read... Ready
Requirements tree is being built
Status information is being read... Ready
Some packages could not be installed. This can mean that you
have asked for an impossible situation or that you are using the
'unstable'-distribution and some needed packages are still stuck in
'incoming'.
The following information might help you proceed:

The following packages have unfulfilled requirements:

  xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-vivid : Vereisten: xorg-input-abi-21
                                       Required:
xserver-xorg-core-lts-vivid (>= 2:1.16.99.901) but it will not be installed
E: Can not solve problems, you are holding defect packages.
=== end of translated text ===

=== original text ===
~ $ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-vivid
Pakketlijsten worden ingelezen... Klaar
Boom van vereisten wordt opgebouwd
De status informatie wordt gelezen... Klaar
Sommige pakketten konden niet geïnstalleerd worden. Dit kan betekenen dat u
een onmogelijke situatie gevraagd hebt of dat u de 'unstable'-distributie
gebruikt en sommige benodigde pakketten nog vastzitten in 'incoming'.
De volgende informatie helpt u mogelijk verder:

De volgende pakketten hebben niet-voldane vereisten:
  xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-vivid : Vereisten: xorg-input-abi-21
                                       Vereisten:
xserver-xorg-core-lts-vivid (>= 2:1.16.99.901) maar het zal niet
geïnstalleerd worden
E: Kan problemen niet verhelpen, u houdt defecte pakketten vast.
=== end of original text ===

If I try to install via Synaptic, it wants to uninstall the packages
xorg, xserver-xorg and xserver-xorg-input-wacom, and
it wants to install libepoxy0 and libllvm3.6. When applying this, the
message is:
Could not apply changes. You need to repair broken packages first.

How did you install 0.25?

George

Op 17-12-15 om 00:02 schreef Jason Gerecke:

> I'm not sure why you'd be getting "Error reading device" messages in
> your log (especially since the dmesg doesn't indicate anything
> abnormal), but they would explain why the pen doesn't work...
>
> I see that version 0.23.0 of the driver is being loaded by X. On my
> install, its 0.25. I realize you just upgraded to 17.3, but just to be
> sure, try running `apt-get update && apt-get upgrade` once more to
> make sure everything is up to date. Next, try to install an updated
> version of the X driver by running `apt-get install
> xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-vivid`. If that doesn't work, let me know
> and try running `apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-utopic`
> instead. Both are apparently version 0.25 (my install apparently has
> the "vivid" version) but were compiled to work with different X server
> versions. After updating 0.25, restart and see if the pen works.
>
> You might also consider installing the "evemu-tools" package to do
> additional investigation. If you do, run `sudo evemu-record`. You
> should see a list of devices -- choose "Wacom Intuos4 6x9" if it's in
> the list and then touch the pen to the tablet. You should see a bunch
> of output whenever you move the pen nearby. If there's no output in
> response to moving the pen or the device isn't listed, be sure to let
> me know. That will be interesting indeed.
>
> Jason
> ---
> Now instead of four in the eights place /
> you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one  /
> (That is to say, eight) to the two,     /
> But you can’t take seven from three,    /
> So you look at the sixty-fours....
>

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 8:44 AM, George Willegers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> And now with the attachments (blush...)
>>
>> Op 16-12-15 om 17:40 schreef George Willegers:
>>
>>> Hello Jason,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply. Attached are the file you requested. Xorg.0.log
>>> contains some errors:
>>> (EE) Wacom Intuos4 6x9 Pad pad: Error reading wacom device : No such
>>> device
>>>
>>> I installed kernel 3.16.0-55, so if I really want to use my tablet I
>>> select that one on booting the computer.
>>>
>>> George

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

Jason Gerecke

I believe 0.25 came pre-installed with 17.3. I wonder if the error you see prevents it from being updated when doing an upgrade from 17.2 instead of a fresh install.

Have you had any luck installing xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-utopic instead?

On Dec 18, 2015 12:16 AM, "George Willegers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> Now instead of four in the eights place /
> you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one  /
> (That is to say, eight) to the two,     /
> But you can’t take seven from three,    /
> So you look at the sixty-fours....
>

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 8:44 AM, George Willegers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> And now with the attachments (blush...)
>>
>> Op 16-12-15 om 17:40 schreef George Willegers:
>>
>>> Hello Jason,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply. Attached are the file you requested. Xorg.0.log
>>> contains some errors:
>>> (EE) Wacom Intuos4 6x9 Pad pad: Error reading wacom device : No such
>>> device
>>>
>>> I installed kernel 3.16.0-55, so if I really want to use my tablet I
>>> select that one on booting the computer.
>>>
>>> George

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

If I try xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-utopic I get the same result.
I have no idea what is causing the error.

Op 18-12-15 om 17:10 schreef Jason Gerecke:

> [...]

> Now instead of four in the eights place /
> you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one  /
> (That is to say, eight) to the two,     /
> But you can’t take seven from three,    /
> So you look at the sixty-fours....
>

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 8:44 AM, George Willegers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> And now with the attachments (blush...)
>>
>> Op 16-12-15 om 17:40 schreef George Willegers:
>>
>>> Hello Jason,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply. Attached are the file you requested. Xorg.0.log
>>> contains some errors:
>>> (EE) Wacom Intuos4 6x9 Pad pad: Error reading wacom device : No such
>>> device
>>>
>>> I installed kernel 3.16.0-55, so if I really want to use my tablet I
>>> select that one on booting the computer.
>>>
>>> George

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

Even more strange news, I'm afraid. I downloaded the old 17.2 Cinnamon
release, updated all of its installed packages with "apt-get", and
then used the Update Manager to upgrade to 17.3. The post-upgrade
kernel was 3.16-0-38, so I used the Update Manager to then upgrade to
3.19-0-32. The X driver is now version 0.23 like in your case (the
"vivid" driver and server must not be installed as part of the upgrade
path, only as a fresh install) but my tablet continues to work... If
it were some kind of incompatibility between the 0.23 driver and the
3.19 kernel, I should be having the same issues. Have you made any
changes to the system in the past to get the Wacom driver working
properly (e.g. to configuration files, the kernel, GRUB, ...)? Was
your 17.2 install fresh from the DVD, or was it also upgraded from a
prior version of Mint?

I would strongly suggest installing the "evemu-tools" package and
capturing the output of evemu-record as I mentioned in the email prior
to my last. Maybe it will have some hints...

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 8:38 AM, George Willegers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> >
>> > You might also consider installing the "evemu-tools" package to do
>> > additional investigation. If you do, run `sudo evemu-record`. You
>> > should see a list of devices -- choose "Wacom Intuos4 6x9" if it's in
>> > the list and then touch the pen to the tablet. You should see a bunch
>> > of output whenever you move the pen nearby. If there's no output in
>> > response to moving the pen or the device isn't listed, be sure to let
>> > me know. That will be interesting indeed.
>> >
>> > Jason
>> > ---
>> > Now instead of four in the eights place /
>> > you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one  /
>> > (That is to say, eight) to the two,     /
>> > But you can’t take seven from three,    /
>> > So you look at the sixty-fours....

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

I installed evemu-tools. lsusb is showing the Intuos, but evemu-record
isn't. Maybe that is a hint as well?

I once installed Linux Mint 15. When 16 came out I could not install it.
It would boot from the live iso and install.
But booting the installed system led to a frozen keyboard and mouse. So
I upgraded from 15 to 16.
When 17.1 was released, the same thing happened, so I upgraded from 16
to 17.1. Later I upgraded to 17.2 and finally to 17.3.

When I boot the 17.3 live iso, it boots into a 3.19 kernel, and
xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-vivid is installed.
It would be nice to find out why it won't install on my system (and why
upgrading from 17.2 to 17.3 did not install kernel 3.19).

And now for something really strange:
sudo evemu-record is showing a list of devices. They are numbered 0 to
15, and 18. It looked like numbers 16 and 17 where reserved in some way.
After a reboot I discovered that the Intuos was working! I started
evemu-record and it showed the Intuos and Intuos Pad as devices 16 and 17.
It also showed events when I selected device 16.
After logging off and on again, the Intuos was no longer working, and it
was no longer shown by evemu-record (again only the numbers 0 - 15, 18
were shown).
lsusb is still showing it though.

Op 18-12-15 om 22:08 schreef Jason Gerecke:

> [...]
>>>
>>> De volgende pakketten hebben niet-voldane vereisten:
>>>    xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-vivid : Vereisten: xorg-input-abi-21
>>>                                         Vereisten:
>>> xserver-xorg-core-lts-vivid (>= 2:1.16.99.901) maar het zal niet
>>> geïnstalleerd worden
>>> E: Kan problemen niet verhelpen, u houdt defecte pakketten vast.
>>> === end of original text ===
>>>
>>> If I try to install via Synaptic, it wants to uninstall the packages
>>> xorg, xserver-xorg and xserver-xorg-input-wacom, and
>>> it wants to install libepoxy0 and libllvm3.6. When applying this, the
>>> message is:
>>> Could not apply changes. You need to repair broken packages first.
>>>
>>> How did you install 0.25?
>>>
>>> George

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

I decided to try a fresh install of Linux Mint 17.3. For me this is the
first release since Mint 15 that does not freeze my keyboard and mouse.
And even better: the Intuos is working. It's just upside down (I'm
lefthanded), and the settings applet isn't working. It does not see the
Intuos.
I restored my home directory, but apparently that is not enough to
restore the settings.

> [...]

>>> De volgende pakketten hebben niet-voldane vereisten:
>>>    xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-vivid : Vereisten: xorg-input-abi-21
>>>                                         Vereisten:
>>> xserver-xorg-core-lts-vivid (>= 2:1.16.99.901) maar het zal niet
>>> geïnstalleerd worden
>>> E: Kan problemen niet verhelpen, u houdt defecte pakketten vast.
>>> === end of original text ===
>>>
>>> If I try to install via Synaptic, it wants to uninstall the packages
>>> xorg, xserver-xorg and xserver-xorg-input-wacom, and
>>> it wants to install libepoxy0 and libllvm3.6. When applying this, the
>>> message is:
>>> Could not apply changes. You need to repair broken packages first.
>>>
>>> How did you install 0.25?
>>>
>>> George

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

It looks like the installed version of libwacom (0.8) ignores tablets
which are connected on the HID bus (which is where Wacom tablets are
connected starting with Linux 3.17). Upgrading to libwacom 0.10 or
later should fix the issue. Although Mint doesn't seem to offer a
"vivid" version of this package like it does for the X driver, I've
had luck just using the upstream Ubuntu packages. Download the DEB
packages available at the links below and install them with `sudo dpkg
-i libwacom2_0.11+dfsg-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
libwacom-common_0.11+dfsg-0ubuntu1_all.deb`. The panel should start
working after a restart (or maybe just a logout/login).

http://packages.ubuntu.com/vivid/amd64/libwacom2/download
http://packages.ubuntu.com/vivid/all/libwacom-common/download

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 11:10 AM, George Willegers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I decided to try a fresh install of Linux Mint 17.3. For me this is the
> first release since Mint 15 that does not freeze my keyboard and mouse.
> And even better: the Intuos is working. It's just upside down (I'm
> lefthanded), and the settings applet isn't working. It does not see the
> Intuos.
> I restored my home directory, but apparently that is not enough to
> restore the settings.
>
> Op 18-12-15 om 22:08 schreef Jason Gerecke:
>> Even more strange news, I'm afraid. I downloaded the old 17.2 Cinnamon
>> release, updated all of its installed packages with "apt-get", and
>> then used the Update Manager to upgrade to 17.3. The post-upgrade
>> kernel was 3.16-0-38, so I used the Update Manager to then upgrade to
>> 3.19-0-32. The X driver is now version 0.23 like in your case (the
>> "vivid" driver and server must not be installed as part of the upgrade
>> path, only as a fresh install) but my tablet continues to work... If
>> it were some kind of incompatibility between the 0.23 driver and the
>> 3.19 kernel, I should be having the same issues. Have you made any
>> changes to the system in the past to get the Wacom driver working
>> properly (e.g. to configuration files, the kernel, GRUB, ...)? Was
>> your 17.2 install fresh from the DVD, or was it also upgraded from a
>> prior version of Mint?
>>
>> I would strongly suggest installing the "evemu-tools" package and
>> capturing the output of evemu-record as I mentioned in the email prior
>> to my last. Maybe it will have some hints...
>>
>> Jason
>> ---
>> Now instead of four in the eights place /
>> you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one  /
>> (That is to say, eight) to the two,     /
>> But you can’t take seven from three,    /
>> So you look at the sixty-fours....
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 8:38 AM, George Willegers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> If I try xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-utopic I get the same result.
>>> I have no idea what is causing the error.
>>>
>>> Op 18-12-15 om 17:10 schreef Jason Gerecke:
>>>
>>> I believe 0.25 came pre-installed with 17.3. I wonder if the error you see
>>> prevents it from being updated when doing an upgrade from 17.2 instead of a
>>> fresh install.
>>>
>>> Have you had any luck installing xserver-xorg-input-wacom-lts-utopic
>>> instead?

Re: Wacom Intuos4 no longer working after upgrading Linux Mint 17.2 to 17.3 (kernel from 3.16 to 3.19)

George Willegers
Thanks, that solves the settings applet problem.

Now there is just one problem remaining: I am using intuos4-config
(https://braindump.kargulus.de/?p=432) to program the OLED displays.
Since 17.3 this is freezing the tablet.
Now the settings applet is working again I discovered that after running
intuos4-config, the settings applet no longer sees the tablet.
It looks like it is disconnected by intuos4-config in some way.