Quantcast

Wacom board Yoga 460, Finger touch stops working after pen usage

Wacom board Yoga 460, Finger touch stops working after pen usage

Peter Klausing
Hello,

I have 2 problems with Xorg and my build in Wacom tablet.
1. Finger touch stops working after tapping with the pen.
2. After using the pen e.g. in Xournal++, the pen stops working after a
certian time
It seems to be mal configured. But I'm not sure, this is the problem.
I set Debugg level of ToolDebugLevel and TabletDebugLevel to 12.
Only error output of Xorg is
"Wacom Co.,Ltd. Pen and multitouch sensor Pen eraser: usbParse: Ignoring
event from invalid serial 0", before and after this is happening.

I start Plasma Desktopenvironment with startx command.
Thereafter, I can tap with my finger. Than, I tap with the pen and from
now on tapping with the finger does not work anymore.

My setup:
Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 460
Wacom Digitizer Touchscreen Finger/Pen 056a:504d (same as in yoga 14)
Arch Linux
KDE Plasma Desktop environment starting with xinit
installed driver for kernel and Xorg: xf86-input-wacom and input-wacom-dkms
udev auto recognized the wacom hardware and setup events in
/dev/input/eventX

I've got debian testing with a similar setup installed and there I don't
have such issues. I already tried copying configs from there.

I checked:

dmesg shows that it has loaded the wacom moudle
Xorg: https://pastebin.com/ck6d4Gi4
hid-recorder: on low level hid-recorder still recognizes booth events so
there is appropriate output for finger tap and pen also after pen fails.
For the first problem evtest /dev/input/event5 works and gives the same
output before and after tapping with the finger and the pen.

I'm stuck debugging this problem. Anybody ideas what to do about it?

Thanks in advance!
/Peter

Re: Wacom board Yoga 460, Finger touch stops working after pen usage

Peter Klausing
Thank you!

that solved so far both problems.

/Peter

On 04/19/17 16:47, Jason Gerecke wrote:

> It sounds like you may be affected by the bug reported
> at https://sourceforge.net/p/linuxwacom/bugs/334/ -- please follow the
> instructions posted toward the end of the thread to get and use a
> development version of the driver. Let me know if it resolves your issue.
>
> On Apr 19, 2017 6:49 AM, "Peter Klausing" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I have 2 problems with Xorg and my build in Wacom tablet.
>     1. Finger touch stops working after tapping with the pen.
>     2. After using the pen e.g. in Xournal++, the pen stops working after a
>     certian time
>     It seems to be mal configured. But I'm not sure, this is the problem.
>     I set Debugg level of ToolDebugLevel and TabletDebugLevel to 12.
>     Only error output of Xorg is
>     "Wacom Co.,Ltd. Pen and multitouch sensor Pen eraser: usbParse: Ignoring
>     event from invalid serial 0", before and after this is happening.
>
>     I start Plasma Desktopenvironment with startx command.
>     Thereafter, I can tap with my finger. Than, I tap with the pen and from
>     now on tapping with the finger does not work anymore.
>
>     My setup:
>     Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 460
>     Wacom Digitizer Touchscreen Finger/Pen 056a:504d (same as in yoga 14)
>     Arch Linux
>     KDE Plasma Desktop environment starting with xinit
>     installed driver for kernel and Xorg: xf86-input-wacom and
>     input-wacom-dkms
>     udev auto recognized the wacom hardware and setup events in
>     /dev/input/eventX
>
>     I've got debian testing with a similar setup installed and there I don't
>     have such issues. I already tried copying configs from there.
>
>     I checked:
>
>     dmesg shows that it has loaded the wacom moudle
>     Xorg: https://pastebin.com/ck6d4Gi4
>     hid-recorder: on low level hid-recorder still recognizes booth events so
>     there is appropriate output for finger tap and pen also after pen fails.
>     For the first problem evtest /dev/input/event5 works and gives the same
>     output before and after tapping with the finger and the pen.
>
>     I'm stuck debugging this problem. Anybody ideas what to do about it?
>
>     Thanks in advance!
>     /Peter

Re: Wacom board Yoga 460, Finger touch stops working after pen usage

Jason Gerecke
Glad to hear :) This fix has been accepted by the upstream Linux
kernel and is expected to be resolved in the 4.11 kernel release.