Wacom tablet not work in solaris 11.1

L'oiseau de mer
Hi, Everyone
I have a wacom tablet: wacom intuos pen small(CTL-480/S)
But when i plugged this usb, this system looks like to detected this device, but this device still not work. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot.

This is dmesg msgs:

Jan 13 04:59:49 solaris usba: [ID 349649 kern.info]     Wacom Co.,Ltd. Intuos PS

Jan 13 04:59:49 solaris genunix: [ID 936769 kern.info] hid9 is /pci@0,0/pci1043,1287@1d/hub@1/device@1/mouse@2

Jan 13 04:59:49 solaris genunix: [ID 408114 kern.info] /pci@0,0/pci1043,1287@1d/hub@1/device@1/mouse@2 (hid9) online

When i try to exec xinput cmd, "xinput list" can detect new mouse device, but exec "xinput enable [this device id]", tablet still not work.

And i noticed device file maybe not generated, dmesg says this device is hid9, but not found:

root@solaris:/UNIX-LAB/wacom-xinput# find /dev -name hid9

root@solaris:/UNIX-LAB/wacom-xinput# find /dev -name hid*

/dev/usb/hid0

/dev/usb/hid1

/dev/usb/hid2

/dev/usb/hid3

/dev/usb/hid4

/dev/usb/hid5

And exec "ls -lrt /dev | grep mouse":

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          50 2012  11月 21日 kdmouse -> ../devices/pci@0,0/isa@1f/i8042@1,60/mouse@1:mouse

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          32 2012  11月 21日 mouse -> ../devices/pseudo/consms@0:mouse

And i also want to know whether need install some driver or tools or not?
xf86-input-wacom, linuxwacom, or libwacom,or other....
(My system has already usbwcm module, and /kernel/drv/wacom)

Re: Wacom tablet not work in solaris 11.1

Jason Gerecke
Unfortunately, the 'usbwcm' kernel module you have likely does not
support your tablet. I'm unsure what exactly is supported by Oracle
Solaris 11 (I believe they've kept their code closed?), but the
Illumos kernel[1] at least does not have support for many of the newer
Wacom tablets. We do have a (somewhat out-of-date) Solaris branch[2]
in the xf86-input-wacom driver that you would also need to install,
but until the kernel module is updated it won't be any help.

[1]: http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/uts/common/io/usb/clients/usbinput/usbwcm/usbwcm.c
[2]: https://sourceforge.net/p/linuxwacom/xf86-input-wacom/ci/solaris/tree/

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 5:48 PM, L'oiseau de mer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Everyone
> I have a wacom tablet: wacom intuos pen small(CTL-480/S)
> But when i plugged this usb, this system looks like to detected this device,
> but this device still not work. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot.
>
> This is dmesg msgs:
>
> Jan 13 04:59:49 solaris usba: [ID 349649 kern.info]     Wacom Co.,Ltd.
> Intuos PS
>
> Jan 13 04:59:49 solaris genunix: [ID 936769 kern.info] hid9 is
> /pci@0,0/pci1043,1287@1d/hub@1/device@1/mouse@2
>
> Jan 13 04:59:49 solaris genunix: [ID 408114 kern.info]
> /pci@0,0/pci1043,1287@1d/hub@1/device@1/mouse@2 (hid9) online
>

> When i try to exec xinput cmd, "xinput list" can detect new mouse device,
> but exec "xinput enable [this device id]", tablet still not work.
>
> And i noticed device file maybe not generated, dmesg says this device is
> hid9, but not found:
>
> root@solaris:/UNIX-LAB/wacom-xinput# find /dev -name hid9
>
> root@solaris:/UNIX-LAB/wacom-xinput# find /dev -name hid*
>
> /dev/usb/hid0
>
> /dev/usb/hid1
>
> /dev/usb/hid2
>
> /dev/usb/hid3
>
> /dev/usb/hid4
>
> /dev/usb/hid5
>

> And exec "ls -lrt /dev | grep mouse":
>
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          50 2012  11月 21日 kdmouse ->
> ../devices/pci@0,0/isa@1f/i8042@1,60/mouse@1:mouse
>
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          32 2012  11月 21日 mouse ->
> ../devices/pseudo/consms@0:mouse
>
> And i also want to know whether need install some driver or tools or not?
> xf86-input-wacom, linuxwacom, or libwacom,or other....
> (My system has already usbwcm module, and /kernel/drv/wacom)

Re: Wacom tablet not work in solaris 11.1

Jason Gerecke
Porting to 'usbwcm.c' would be difficult. It currently has no concept
of touch input and is BSD (not GPL) licensed. Another developer might
be able to do it, but I'm afraid that I don't have the necessary time.