Quantcast

all buttons are set as left, when trying to inverse them

all buttons are set as left, when trying to inverse them

jseb-2
Hello,

I'm on Arch-Linux, with the last version of xf86-input-wacom installed.
(Version: 0.30.0-1)

Until this release, i could swap button right and middle. This is done
this way:

xsetwacom --set "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 2 "3"
xsetwacom --set "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 3 "2"

Since the 0.30 release, the commands above assign buttons 2 and 3 to
left button.

~$ xsetwacom --list #just checking the name of the stylus
Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus              id: 10  type: STYLUS
Wacom Graphire2 4x5 eraser              id: 13  type: ERASER
Wacom Graphire2 4x5 cursor              id: 14  type: CURSOR

~$ xsetwacom --set "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 2 "3"
~$ xsetwacom --set "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 3 "2"

~$ xsetwacom --get "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 2
button +1
~$ xsetwacom --get "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 3
button +1

If i downgrade to the previous xf86-input-wacom (0.29), it works.
So for the moment, i've downgraded and blocked update.
I've searched if there were a problem with xsetwacom, but found nothing
recent.

The problem above occurs with an old tablet (Graphire2), but i've got
exactly the same problem on another computer with an Intuos.

Can you help me please ?

Thank you.

Re: all buttons are set as left, when trying to inverse them

Jason Gerecke
On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 9:01 AM, jseb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm on Arch-Linux, with the last version of xf86-input-wacom installed.
> (Version: 0.30.0-1)
>
> Until this release, i could swap button right and middle. This is done
> this way:
>
> xsetwacom --set "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 2 "3"
> xsetwacom --set "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 3 "2"
>
> Since the 0.30 release, the commands above assign buttons 2 and 3 to
> left button.
>

> ~$ xsetwacom --list #just checking the name of the stylus
> Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus              id: 10  type: STYLUS
> Wacom Graphire2 4x5 eraser              id: 13  type: ERASER
> Wacom Graphire2 4x5 cursor              id: 14  type: CURSOR
>
> ~$ xsetwacom --set "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 2 "3"
> ~$ xsetwacom --set "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 3 "2"
>

> ~$ xsetwacom --get "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 2
> button +1
> ~$ xsetwacom --get "Wacom Graphire2 4x5 stylus" Button 3
> button +1
>

> If i downgrade to the previous xf86-input-wacom (0.29), it works.
> So for the moment, i've downgraded and blocked update.
> I've searched if there were a problem with xsetwacom, but found nothing
> recent.
>
> The problem above occurs with an old tablet (Graphire2), but i've got
> exactly the same problem on another computer with an Intuos.
>
> Can you help me please ?
>
> Thank you.

Thanks for the report. It looks like one of the changes to xsetwacom
in 0.30.0 was responsible for this issue. I'll be sending a patch to
the linuxwacom-devel mailinglist which fixes the issue (and CCing you)
shortly.