bing the insert button to a button on the tablet

bing the insert button to a button on the tablet

Bogdan Bala
Hello,

I want to set "key +shift insert" as the action for a button on the tablet.
I get an error:

bbala@greusiprost:$ xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos
PT M Finger pad" Button 8 "key +shift insert"
Invalid key 'insert'.
Cannot parse keyword 'insert' at position 3

I've tried also with ins, INS, Ins, Insert and INSERT but non of the keys were
recognized.
Can you help me use the "insert key" in my mapping?

I've also listed the modifiers with xsetwacom --list modifiers and Insert was
not in the list.

Regards,
Bogdan

Re: bing the insert button to a button on the tablet

Jason Gerecke
On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Bogdan Bala <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I want to set "key +shift insert" as the action for a button on the tablet.
> I get an error:
>
> bbala@greusiprost:$ xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos
> PT M Finger pad" Button 8 "key +shift insert"
> Invalid key 'insert'.
> Cannot parse keyword 'insert' at position 3
>
> I've tried also with ins, INS, Ins, Insert and INSERT but non of the keys
> were
> recognized.
> Can you help me use the "insert key" in my mapping?
>
> I've also listed the modifiers with xsetwacom --list modifiers and Insert
> was
> not in the list.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan

I'm not sure how it was missed when making the list since all the
other keys in that block (home, end, PgUp, PgDn, del) are present.
I'll make a patch to add this which should get into xf86-input-wacom
0.28. If you're comfortable compiling and installing the driver from
source, the patch should be available on our "-devel" list shortly
(and in git shortly after that).

Re: bing the insert button to a button on the tablet

Bogdan Bala

Thanks a lot!
I can handle it.

Regards,
Bogdan

On Dec 5, 2014 8:41 PM, "Jason Gerecke" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 5:48 AM, Bogdan Bala <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I want to set "key +shift insert" as the action for a button on the tablet.
> I get an error:
>
> bbala@greusiprost:$ xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos
> PT M Finger pad" Button 8 "key +shift insert"
> Invalid key 'insert'.
> Cannot parse keyword 'insert' at position 3
>
> I've tried also with ins, INS, Ins, Insert and INSERT but non of the keys
> were
> recognized.
> Can you help me use the "insert key" in my mapping?
>
> I've also listed the modifiers with xsetwacom --list modifiers and Insert
> was
> not in the list.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan

I'm not sure how it was missed when making the list since all the
other keys in that block (home, end, PgUp, PgDn, del) are present.
I'll make a patch to add this which should get into xf86-input-wacom
0.28. If you're comfortable compiling and installing the driver from
source, the patch should be available on our "-devel" list shortly
(and in git shortly after that).

you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one  /
(That is to say, eight) to the two,     /
But you can’t take seven from three,    /