Quantcast

calibration (Cintiq 22HD Touch)?

David Melik-2
I still await description whether one really needs to calibrate in the same orientation as the screen, as long as calibration seems to work. It seemed to work in that different way a few weeks ago before I moved, and now I tried it again but am getting some strange behaviour.

Last time I rotated my screen I/O and calibrated, apparently the calibrator (in version 0.25.0 and git source at the time, as I had posted) did not come up rotated, but calibration seems to have worked sufficiently anyway for sketches, though I would like to know if it would still work in detail.

This time, I have some new problems. I did the following commands (just before this, rotated output with X/KDE, which uses xrandr, and with xsetwacom I found 13 is the stylus and got the area), which had made drawing work last time, as described at that time and above.

  xsetwacom set 13 maptooutput DVI-1
  xsetwacom set 13 rotate ccw
  xinput_calibrator --device 13 --precalib 0 54260 0 95840

This time, in the last command, I had d strange result. The calibrator pops up on DVI-0, my regular monitor. I did not change where they are plugged in or which is defined as primary. Then I disabled my regular monitor, set the Cintiq as primary and tried calibration, but usually there is some sort of stylus problem, like it is not causing the cursor to move near it instead of some centimetres or inches away in a weird way, as if the input area is wrong. One of the first times, I thought I had calibrated right, but then it did not draw right because maybe I had not totally set up the input... but I have been through the process quite a few times now and it is always trying to calibrate on my regular monitor, or the stylus seems to be moving the cursor in some weird way. Is there anything I can do to debug?

David
http://www.cwu.edu/~melikd/art.html , http://www.elfwood.com/u/dmelik3 , http://dchmelik.deviantart.com

Find out what's HIP!
Visit Hip Planet for news, shopping, forums, chatrooms, free personal and classified ads and much more!
Get FREE E-MAIL! at HipPlanet now!

It's all waiting for you, at http://www.hipplanet.com

Re: app development

Andrew Macfarlane
Hey sorry if this is the wrong list for this but I'm trying to access subpixel and pressure programmatically and I'm told that gdk programming is the way to go, as it is a higher abstraction than Xlib.

Can anyone link me a tutorial or some source code on  this?  Banged my head against the gdk documentation for longer than I'd care to admit today.

The docs say it's possible, the closest usable reference I've found is the xournal source code, but any help would be welcome.

Best
Andrew(vaporstack)

sent from its not delivery its a pizzone