configure problem ubuntu

Thatcher Bell
When I ./configure xf86-input-wacom-0.32.0, I get:

Package xorg-macros was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xorg-macros.pc'
No package 'xorg-macros' found
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
checking for doxygen... no
configure: WARNING: doxygen not found - documentation targets will be skipped
checking for rint in -lm... yes
checking for XORG... no
configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server >= 1.7.0 xproto xext kbproto inputproto randrproto) were not met:

No package 'xorg-server' found
No package 'randrproto' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I have no idea what to do. Please advise.

Re: configure problem ubuntu

Jason Gerecke
On 03/06/2016 03:05 PM, Thatcher Bell wrote:

> When I ./configure xf86-input-wacom-0.32.0, I get:
>
> /Package xorg-macros was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xorg-macros.pc'
> No package 'xorg-macros' found
> checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
> checking for doxygen... no
> configure: WARNING: doxygen not found - documentation targets will be
> skipped
> checking for rint in -lm... yes
> checking for XORG... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server >= 1.7.0 xproto xext
> kbproto inputproto randrproto) were not met:
>
> No package 'xorg-server' found
> No package 'randrproto' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
> and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> /I have no idea what to do. Please advise.

This error indicates that you're missing several packages that are
required to build the tablet. See [1] for instructions.

[1]: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xf86-input-wacom

you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one /
(That is to say, eight) to the two, /
But you can’t take seven from three, /

Re: configure problem ubuntu

Jason Gerecke
It looks like your system may have some broken packages that are
preventing new packages from being installed. See [1] for possible
solutions. You won't be able to install the necessary packages until
this issue is resolved.

[1]:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/124845/eerror-pkgproblemresolverresolve-generated-breaks-this-may-be-caused-by-hel

you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one /
(That is to say, eight) to the two, /
But you can’t take seven from three, /
So you look at the sixty-fours....

On 03/07/2016 09:24 AM, Thatcher Bell wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Downloaded the drivers, but Building from Source would not complete:

> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  gnome-control-center : Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is
> not going to be installed
>                         Depends: libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) but it is not
> going to be installed
>  unity-control-center : Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is
> not going to be installed
>                         Depends: libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) but it is not
> going to be installed
> E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
> caused by held packages.
>

> Thatcher Bell 314.397.7708 [hidden email]
>
>> Subject: Re: [Linuxwacom-discuss] configure problem ubuntu
>> To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
>> From: [hidden email]
>> Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 09:20:20 -0800
>>
>> On 03/06/2016 03:05 PM, Thatcher Bell wrote:
>> > When I ./configure xf86-input-wacom-0.32.0, I get:
>> >
>> > /Package xorg-macros was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xorg-macros.pc'
>> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> > No package 'xorg-macros' found
>> > checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
>> > checking for doxygen... no
>> > configure: WARNING: doxygen not found - documentation targets will be
>> > skipped
>> > checking for rint in -lm... yes
>> > checking for XORG... no
>> > configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server >= 1.7.0 xproto xext
>> > kbproto inputproto randrproto) were not met:
>> >
>> > No package 'xorg-server' found
>> > No package 'randrproto' found
>> >
>> > Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> > installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>> >
>> > Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
>> > and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
>> > See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>> >
>> > /I have no idea what to do. Please advise.
>> >

>> This error indicates that you're missing several packages that are
>> required to build the tablet. See [1] for instructions.
>>
>> [1]: http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Xf86-input-wacom
>>
>> Jason
>> ---
>> Now instead of four in the eights place /
>> you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one /
>> (That is to say, eight) to the two, /
>> But you can’t take seven from three, /
>> So you look at the sixty-fours....

Re: configure problem ubuntu

Jason Gerecke
As I said, see the following link for possible help with that. The
"pkgProblemResolver" error you're getting isn't related to linuxwacom so
I unfortunately can't really help debug what's wrong...