ctl490dw - freeze all on ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.19.0-45 // 4.4.0-040400rc6

ctl490dw - freeze all on ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.19.0-45 // 4.4.0-040400rc6

Federico Tenti
merry xmas to all!

I wasn't able to google my problem: my wacom intuos draw wasn't seen by the system in the 3.19.0-45, so I followed the wiki to install the kernel drivers.

I managed to let the tabled be seen by the system, but now - as soon as a try to use it, for exemple tring to move the cursor with the pen, mouse, keyboard, graphic freeze.

What does it means?

If I just plug it in I can change references, and work with the computer, but if I try to use it the cursor freeze. If I plug out- plug in the mouse (and the tablet, and all possible combinations...) the mouse laser will stay off.

Keyboard is unusable (for the r e i s u b combination too)

In some strange way a time I managed to let the mouse work. Not sure but I think I've started up the pc with the tablet connected and not the mouse. in this way I was able to use the mouse, but launching a program mean to see the window become grey.

In this way I was able to open the process manager to see that, the new programs launched after I've tried to use the graphic tablet, under the processor load column, were marked with "disk sleep".

The same problems appear using the 4.4 kernel.

I'm not sure that it's all, in case I'll add information.

Thank you all and merry xmas again!

Re: ctl490dw - freeze all on ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.19.0-45 // 4.4.0-040400rc6

Philip Brown-2
On 12/25/2015 10:52 AM, Federico Tenti wrote:
[...]

maybe it is this:
http://sourceforge.net/p/linuxwacom/mailman/message/34655931/

Re: ctl490dw - freeze all on ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.19.0-45 // 4.4.0-040400rc6

Federico Tenti
I confirm: applying that patch on the 4.4 kernel works.

I'm going to try it with v4.2 kernel due the fact 4.4 has other issues with my pc.

Thanks, I'll let you know

Subject: Re: [Linuxwacom-discuss] ctl490dw - freeze all on ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.19.0-45 // 4.4.0-040400rc6
To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]

Re: ctl490dw - freeze all on ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.19.0-45 // 4.4.0-040400rc6

Ioan-Adrian
Hello

That patch is scheduled for inclusion in the 4.5 kernel, you can try it in about two weeks when the first release candidate will hit.

Federico Tenti <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I confirm: applying that patch on the 4.4 kernel works.
>
>I'm going to try it with v4.2 kernel due the fact 4.4 has other issues with my pc.
>
>Thanks, I'll let you know
>
>Subject: Re: [Linuxwacom-discuss] ctl490dw - freeze all on ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.19.0-45 // 4.4.0-040400rc6
>To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
>From: [hidden email]
>Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 12:00:31 +0100
>

>    On 12/25/2015 10:52 AM, Federico Tenti
>      wrote:
>

>      merry xmas to all!
>

>        I wasn't able to google my problem: my wacom intuos draw wasn't
>        seen by the system in the 3.19.0-45, so I followed the wiki to
>        install the kernel drivers.
>

>        I managed to let the tabled be seen by the system, but now - as
>        soon as a try to use it, for exemple tring to move the cursor
>        with the pen, mouse, keyboard, graphic freeze.
>

>        What does it means?
>

>        If I just plug it in I can change references, and work with the
>        computer, but if I try to use it the cursor freeze. If I plug
>        out- plug in the mouse (and the tablet, and all possible
>        combinations...) the mouse laser will stay off.
>

>        Keyboard is unusable (for the r e i s u b combination too)
>

>        In some strange way a time I managed to let the mouse work. Not
>        sure but I think I've started up the pc with the tablet
>        connected and not the mouse. in this way I was able to use the
>        mouse, but launching a program mean to see the window become
>        grey.
>

>        In this way I was able to open the process manager to see that,
>        the new programs launched after I've tried to use the graphic
>        tablet, under the processor load column, were marked with "disk
>        sleep".
>

>        The same problems appear using the 4.4 kernel.
>

>        I'm not sure that it's all, in case I'll add information.
>

>        Thank you all and merry xmas again!

>    maybe it is this:
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/p/linuxwacom/mailman/message/34655931/

Re: ctl490dw - freeze all on ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.19.0-45 // 4.4.0-040400rc6

Federico Tenti
I explain: the problem is by compiling the kernel: it's about fglrx drivers:

ERROR: Cannot create report: [Errno 17] File exists: '/var/crash/fglrx-core.0.crash'
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 3.18.25 (x86_64)
Same problem compiling others kernel versions.

If you confirm me that it is a known issue I'll wait the 4.5, otherwise I'm going to find a solution and share it with you.

At the moment I confirm it's all working except for the ATI AMD drivers.