Quantcast

disable Intuos3 touch strips in xorg configuration

disable Intuos3 touch strips in xorg configuration

James Dietrich
Hello,

I have an Intuos3 tablet, and by using a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ I
have successfully disabled the buttons on the pad itself by using lines
such as these:
Option "Button1" "0"

I also wish to disable the two touch strips on the pad. By default they
scroll up and down, and I cannot figure out how to disable them in the
xorg configuration.

I can disable them using xsetwacom:
xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos3 9x12 pad" StripLeftUp 0
xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos3 9x12 pad" StripLeftDown 0
xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos3 9x12 pad" StripRightUp 0
xsetwacom set "Wacom Intuos3 9x12 pad" StripRightDown 0
But using xsetwacom is not ideal for my situation because I frequently
use a KVM to switch back and forth between my Linux computer and another
machine. Upon returning to the Linux machine, any settings previously
set via xsetwacom are lost. That is why I wish to disable the touch
strips in the xorg configuration.

Thank you very much for your help!

James Dietrich