libwacom uinput rules

Reynolds, Doug

Hi,

I was wondering why when you generate the libwacom rules using “generate-udev-rules --with-uinput-rules” that the ID_INPUT_TABLET key is not included?

I’ve been working with a virtual Wacom device on RHEL and everything works fine except the gnome-wacom-properties panel will not detect the virtual device. I updated the libwacom rules using the output of “generate-udev-rules --with-uinput-rules” but these uinput rules do not set the ID_INPUT_TABLET key. Once I add this key to the rules file the gnome-wacom-properties panel will open correctly.

Is there a reason this key is not included in the uinput rules?

Thanks,

Doug

Re: libwacom uinput rules

Peter Hutterer-3
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 07:15:41PM +0000, Reynolds, Doug wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering why when you generate the libwacom rules using "generate-udev-rules --with-uinput-rules" that the ID_INPUT_TABLET key is not included?
>
> I've been working with a virtual Wacom device on RHEL and everything works fine except the gnome-wacom-properties panel will not detect the virtual device. I updated the libwacom rules using the output of "generate-udev-rules --with-uinput-rules" but these uinput rules do not set the ID_INPUT_TABLET key. Once I add this key to the rules file the gnome-wacom-properties panel will open correctly.
>
> Is there a reason this key is not included in the uinput rules?

no, this looks like a bug. thanks for reporting this, I'll try to come up
with a patch asap.

Cheers,
   Peter

Re: libwacom uinput rules

Peter Hutterer-3
On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 04:35:40PM +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 07:15:41PM +0000, Reynolds, Doug wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering why when you generate the libwacom rules using "generate-udev-rules --with-uinput-rules" that the ID_INPUT_TABLET key is not included?
> >
> > I've been working with a virtual Wacom device on RHEL and everything works fine except the gnome-wacom-properties panel will not detect the virtual device. I updated the libwacom rules using the output of "generate-udev-rules --with-uinput-rules" but these uinput rules do not set the ID_INPUT_TABLET key. Once I add this key to the rules file the gnome-wacom-properties panel will open correctly.
> >
> > Is there a reason this key is not included in the uinput rules?
>
> no, this looks like a bug. thanks for reporting this, I'll try to come up
> with a patch asap.

Patchset posted:
http://sourceforge.net/p/linuxwacom/mailman/message/34090644/

Cheers,