Quantcast

pressure spike when lifting off pen

Tamas Papp-2
Hi,

I have not been using my Bamboo CTH-470 for a while (mostly using it for
teaching these days), and today when I used it in a lecture I noticed
that the pressure spikes when lifting the pen. An example (drawing lines
in Xournal, left to right, note thicker parts) is attached. I use a
script to set the parameters (also attached, tried default
PressureCurve, didn't change anything).

~ $ uname -a
Linux tamas 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt9-2 (2015-04-13) x86_64 GNU/Linux
~ $ lsusb | grep -i wacom
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 056a:00de Wacom Co., Ltd

Since I am only using xournal, this might be a xournal artifact, in any
case, help debugging/fixing this would be appreciated.

Best,

Tamas

xournal.pdf (5K) Download Attachment
wacom-init (1K) Download Attachment

Re: pressure spike when lifting off pen

Jason Gerecke
On 4/21/2015 1:26 AM, Tamas Papp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have not been using my Bamboo CTH-470 for a while (mostly using it for
> teaching these days), and today when I used it in a lecture I noticed
> that the pressure spikes when lifting the pen. An example (drawing lines
> in Xournal, left to right, note thicker parts) is attached. I use a
> script to set the parameters (also attached, tried default
> PressureCurve, didn't change anything).
>
> ~ $ uname -a
> Linux tamas 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt9-2 (2015-04-13) x86_64 GNU/Linux
> ~ $ lsusb | grep -i wacom
> Bus 001 Device 008: ID 056a:00de Wacom Co., Ltd
>
> Since I am only using xournal, this might be a xournal artifact, in any
> case, help debugging/fixing this would be appreciated.
>
> Best,
>
> Tamas

Looks like this is a bug in Xournal 0.4.8. See [1] for more information.
It sounds like you can either downgrade to 0.4.7 where this issue isn't
present, or compile Xournal from source since a bugfix has been made
(but a new release has not yet been made).

[1]: http://sourceforge.net/p/xournal/bugs/136/

you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one /
(That is to say, eight) to the two, /
But you can’t take seven from three, /