wacom bluetooth keyboard paired and connected, but not working

wacom bluetooth keyboard paired and connected, but not working

Phillip Gerba
Hello,

I've paired and connected my wacom bluetooth keyboard to my wacom companion 2, but I can't type with it. The only time I could use it was when I typed the number to pair it. I'm running 16.04.

I'm not sure if it's a different issue, but I can receive files from, but not send them to my computer using bluetooth.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

-Phillip Gerba

Smart Trends
Police Urge Americans to Carry This With Them at All Times
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3232/57ae40dba848440db7004st04duc

Re: wacom bluetooth keyboard paired and connected, but not working

Jason Gerecke
On 08/12/2016 02:33 PM, Phillip Gerba wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've paired and connected my wacom bluetooth keyboard to my wacom
> companion 2, but I can't type with it. The only time I could use it was
> when I typed the number to pair it. I'm running 16.04.
>
> I'm not sure if it's a different issue, but I can receive files from,
> but not send them to my computer using bluetooth.
>
> Does anyone know what could be wrong?
>
> -Phillip Gerba

Hi Phillip,

There was a bug a while back that caused the X server to try and treat
the keyboard as a tablet (since it is a Wacom device), but since you
were able to type on it after pairing, that indicates your software has
been updated and doesn't suffer from that particular bug.

>From the sound of it, I'd guess there's something strange going on in
the Bluetooth stack. I've occasionally had issues getting the keyboard
to connect (and occasionally have to re-pair to fix it) but since I
don't have another Bluetooth keyboard to compare with I don't know if
the problem is with the keyboard or with the software.

I would suggest getting in touch with either other Ubuntu users to see
if they have relevant suggestions or the BlueZ developers who work on
the Bluetooth stack.

you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one /
(That is to say, eight) to the two, /
But you can’t take seven from three, /