wacom intuos and kde

Kohler Gerard
Hello everyone,

I work with Debian Jessie withe KDE 4.1.4.2
I use a Wacom Intuos tablet Pro Large,

my problem :

KDE does not recognize the tablet when it is connected in USB , but KDE
recognizes it when it was connected in wireless.

Is there a solution to this problem ?

thanks for oyur help.

Gerard

Re: wacom intuos and kde

san.vu-ngoc (Bugzilla)
After the 15.04 upgrade,  my usb Intuos 4 is not recognized anymore directly,
but it works if I load the module manually:

qdbus org.kde.kded /kded loadModule wacomtablet

Konsole output kcmshell4 kcm_wacomtablet

did you try this ?

good luck
San

Le 18/10/2015 13:36, Kohler Gerard a écrit :
> Hello everyone, > > I work with Debian Jessie withe KDE 4.1.4.2 > I use a Wacom Intuos tablet Pro Large, > > my problem : > > KDE does not recognize the tablet when it is connected in USB , but KDE > recognizes it when it was connected in wireless. > > Is there a solution to this problem ? > > thanks for oyur help. > > Gerard > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ > _______________________________________________ > Linuxwacom-discuss mailing list > [hidden email] > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxwacom-discuss

Re: wacom intuos and kde

On 10/18/2015 4:36 AM, Kohler Gerard wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I work with Debian Jessie withe KDE 4.1.4.2
> I use a Wacom Intuos tablet Pro Large,
>
> my problem :
>
> KDE does not recognize the tablet when it is connected in USB , but KDE
> recognizes it when it was connected in wireless.
>
> Is there a solution to this problem ?
>
> thanks for oyur help.
>
> Gerard

Apologies for the delay in responding, Gerard.

By "does not recognize", do you mean that the tablet doesn't move the
pointer when connected over USB, or that it doesn't show up in the
control panel? The former would be very odd since I'm not aware of any
particular reason that the tablet wouldn't work with Jessie, while the
latter is at least somewhat probable (we don't work on KDE's control
panel, so its possible it hasn't been updated).

If the pointer doesn't even move, could you let me know if anything
shows up when you run `xsetwacom list` with the tablet connected over
USB? It would also be interesting to see the last few entries of `dmesg`
as you switch back and forth between wired and wireless.

Have you tried using the tablet over USB with the wireless receiver
disconnected? I very much doubt it would make a difference, but its a
quick and easy thing to check.

you’ve got three, ‘Cause you added one /
(That is to say, eight) to the two, /
But you can’t take seven from three, /