xsetwacom Express Key Remote config script to share

xsetwacom Express Key Remote config script to share

Camille Bissuel
Hello everyone,

With the latest linux kernel (4.3.3), available on Arch based distros (as Antergos) and thanks to the work of our dear Linux Wacom devs, the Express Key Remote now work under Linux ...
However, despite work done, the Gnome 3 control center for example doesn't allow to configure it yet (in stable release).

So, in the meantime to a graphical client, I just spend a few hours doing a config script with xsetwacom.
I'm sharing it here, supposing someone may be interested ... to avoid searching for the mapping at least !

---------------------------
#!/bin/sh
# Xsetwacom script for the ExpressKey Remote (ACK-411050)
# configured for Krita

# Mapping - 18 buttons, 1 touch ring
#
#     3  8
#   2   1   9
#      10
#
#  11      13
#      12
#  14  15  16
#  17  18  19
#      20
#  21      22

# Buttons actions
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 1 "key e"            # central button - erase mode
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 2 "key shift"            # Shift modifier
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 3 "key ctrl z"            # undo
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 8 "key ctrl shift z"        # redo
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 9 "key x"            # switch colors
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 10 "key ctrl"            # Ctrl modifier
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 11 "key b"            # brush tool
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 12 "key KP_Divide"        # switch to previous preset (/)
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 13 "key n"            # dynamic brush tool
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 14 "key ctrl shift a"        # deselect
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 15 "key KP_5"            # reset rotation
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 16 "key KP_Multiply"        # select
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 17 "key tab"            # hide dockers
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 18 "key t"            # move
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 19 "key ctrl t"            # transform
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 20 "key alt"            # select layer mode
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 21 "key ctrl s"            # save
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 22 "key m"            # miror mode

# Touch ring - Do not use any mode, so just one config... if you are interested, look at
# In english http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1380744&page=32
# In french https://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/tuto_configuration_wacom_intuos5
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" AbsWheelUp "key l"            # lighter
xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" AbsWheelDown "key k"            # darker

---------------------------

Enjoy, and cheers for this new year !

Camille Bissuel - nylnook.com

Re: xsetwacom Express Key Remote config script to share

Peter Hutterer-3
Hi Camille,

thanks for sharing. A quick tips below to make things easier to maintain.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 08:46:19PM +0100, Camille Bissuel wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> With the latest linux kernel (4.3.3), available on Arch based distros (as
> Antergos) and thanks to the work of our dear Linux Wacom devs, the Express
> Key Remote now work under Linux ...
> However, despite work done, the Gnome 3 control center for example doesn't
> allow to configure it yet (in stable release).
>
> So, in the meantime to a graphical client, I just spend a few hours doing a
> config script with xsetwacom.
> I'm sharing it here, supposing someone may be interested ... to avoid
> searching for the mapping at least !
>

> ---------------------------
> #!/bin/sh
> # Xsetwacom script for the ExpressKey Remote (ACK-411050)
> # configured for Krita
>

> # Mapping - 18 buttons, 1 touch ring
> #
> #     3  8
> #   2   1   9
> #      10
> #
> #  11      13
> #      12
> #  14  15  16
> #  17  18  19
> #      20
> #  21      22
>

> # Buttons actions
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 1 "key e"
>     # central button - erase mode

use variables for the device name, i.e.

device="Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad"
xsetwacom set "$device" Button 1 "key e"
xsetwacom set "$device" Button 2 "key shift"
..

this way if you need to change the device name, you only need to change one
location. Watch out for quotes though, you need them in both lines.

Cheers,
   Peter

> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 2 "key shift"
>         # Shift modifier
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 3 "key ctrl z"
>         # undo
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 8 "key ctrl shift
> z"        # redo
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 9 "key x"
>     # switch colors
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 10 "key ctrl"
>         # Ctrl modifier
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 11 "key b"
>     # brush tool
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 12 "key
> KP_Divide"        # switch to previous preset (/)
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 13 "key n"
>     # dynamic brush tool
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 14 "key ctrl shift
> a"        # deselect
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 15 "key KP_5"
>         # reset rotation
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 16 "key
> KP_Multiply"        # select
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 17 "key tab"
>     # hide dockers
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 18 "key t"
>     # move
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 19 "key ctrl t"
>         # transform
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 20 "key alt"
>     # select layer mode
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 21 "key ctrl s"
>         # save
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" Button 22 "key m"
>     # miror mode
>
> # Touch ring - Do not use any mode, so just one config... if you are
> interested, look at
> # In english http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1380744&page=32
> # In french https://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/tuto_configuration_wacom_intuos5
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" AbsWheelUp "key l"
>     # lighter
> xsetwacom set "Wacom Express Key Remote Pad pad" AbsWheelDown "key k"
>         # darker

> Enjoy, and cheers for this new year !
>
> Camille Bissuel - nylnook.com

Re: xsetwacom Express Key Remote config script to share

Camille Bissuel
Hi Peter,

and nice tip, you're right, I'll do that ;p

Thanks for your work, and cheers !